Encrypted ecu?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Bluedog73
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Encrypted ecu?

Post by Bluedog73 »

I have an Ex-BG caddy, not the quickest as it’s a non turbo 1.9 SDI, but that’s not an issue. However I have found the speed limiter a problem.

It’s been to the garage this morning to have the ECU looked at and the limiter removed/ changed but they couldn’t do anything as they tell me the ECU is encrypted? Anyone else seen this with an Ex-BG van?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Encrypted ecu?

Post by Doc »

The old 2.0 SDI vans use an EDC16 ECU, any encryption on there will be stone age in terms of remapping technology. I'm guessing their equipment just wasn't backwards compatible enough to carry out the task.
.for what it's worth, a lot of the BG SDI vans had a aftermarket speed limiter attached to the accelerator pedal wiring harness. Have you checked yours does not have that?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bluedog73
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bluedog73 »

Yes Doc I did check there and in the engine bay first just in case and I can’t see anything obvious.

So is it possible I could go elsewhere and if they have a system which is backwards compatible they could help?
Bluedog73
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bluedog73 »

Just a thought, does anyone know if there is someone in the Bath / Bristol / South West area who has done this before