best lowering kit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cabman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

best lowering kit

Post by Cabman »

Hi everybody can anybody advise me on the best kit for lowering my caddy thanks in advance
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: best lowering kit

Post by the swan fiend »

Bilstein or KW make good stuff, not cheap though. Depends on what you want to spend. I’ve got the ST kit on mine, made by KW and it’s decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
jackel
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by jackel »

Got a bilstien kit and it's been great 👍
Eclipse Custom Vans
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Eclipse Custom Vans »

Agree, both great kits and you would be happy with either, I'd err towards ST-X just form our exerience with Transporters.
Cheers
Ian :D
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
REVO Authorised Dealer, REIMO 3000 track seating, Flatpack kits, Bilstein B14, KW ST-X and Stance+ dealer, SCA, RIB, REIMO, Conversions, CNC Furniture, Kombi, Upholstery and more

info@eclipsecustomcampers.com
www.eclipsecustomcampers.com
https://www.instagram.com/eclipsecustomvans - INSTAGRAM
https://www.facebook.com/EclipseCustomVans - FACEBOOK
Pinnacle100
Caddy Fan

Post by Pinnacle100 »

only going by what I have read on the forum it would seem to be bilstien are regarded as the best or certainly one of the best if you have a big enough budget.

I put vmaxx coilovers on my van recently and I am happy with them certainly better than the extremely worn out standard suspension that they replaced . I’m not sure if they’ll do 100’000 miles like the original parts though.
There a bit stiff on uneven roads and potholes but I would consider them budget mid-range coilovers around £500 so I wasn’t expecting them to be amazing and there not but they are good and the best I could afford and I can say they are considerably better than a set of real low range budget coilovers I had on a car years ago those were FK silverline coilovers cost about £260 and they were awful absolutely rock hard and the front shocks lasted about 8000 miles before they were leaking .
Cabman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cabman »

Hi everyone after much research and a budget I've finally lowered my caddy, i chose the new darkside rear lowering kit with wobble blocks and eibach 60mm front springs i even got a 10% black friday discount :D really pleased with the way the van sits on its new 18 turbine wheels and the drive is much better now its 60mm lower, its not a job for the faint hearted and there was a few problems with rusted threads on the front struts and the included fitting instructions for the rear are a bit vague so ended up working it out for myself lol. sorry for the night pic ill get some better ones at the weekend let me know what you think !
Attachments
IMG_3946.jpg
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Looks like a nice amount of drop without being silly low Image

This is how mine sits.

Cabman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cabman »

nice van i like the blue and its a max i agree about mine not being too low thats why i chose eibach 60mm springs i want the van to be useable and not catch speed bumps
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Yeah this is the issue. Now I’ve got a splitter and it’s still ok over speed bumps mostly. No point doing mods to then do damage!

Lawesy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Lawesy »

Just the post I was looking for. With the 60mm Eibach springs and rear shackle kit, does the rear need to be flipped over or is it fine unless going lower? Not wanting to make the van unusable as often load it up with animal feed etc.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You don't ever flip the rear axle on these vans.
Any lowering kit for a Caddy2k will come with a relocation kit to put the leaf springs below the axle rather than on top. Axle flipping is something for older generation Caddys.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lawesy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lawesy »

Thanks, that's what I meant but most people on here seem to call it an axle flip, so just stuck with the lingo. Seems a simple enough job, any particular kit you would recommend for the rear of a 2010 maxi?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The Eibach kit is very good quality, the rear axle relocation parts in that kit are made by KW.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lawesy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lawesy »

Lovely, thanks for that. Will get that sorted in the new year.
Pinnacle100
Caddy Fan

Post by Pinnacle100 »

Glad to hear your happy with your choice . I was originally planning on the same set up you have chosen but my front shocks and drop links were needing replaced so I went for the vmaxx kit . Not much of a difference between both vans in the way they sit. Image