Newbie water ingress

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
S1lver
Caddy2k Groupie

Newbie water ingress

Post by S1lver »

My caddy has slight water ingress just forward of the passenger rear wheel arch. It looks as though around the small ledge area which then runs down to the rear footwell. Could it be sliding door seal or the seam weld areas. I have tried sealing up from inside but it still appears ever so slightly after heavy rain. I do have roof rails fitted. The right side is fine. I have since I bought the van cleared the skuttle area, inner front arches and siliconed up the front seam welds.

Sorry if this is repetitive topic.

Thanks
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Newbie water ingress

Post by Caddyluv »

Obviously impossible to 100% tell but the common issue is that the drains are blocked under the windscreen.

Open your bonnet. Right under the windscreen on the same line as you B pillar should be a 5p size hole draining water. These get blocked with leaves and crud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Newbie water ingress

Post by Lister79 »

Could also be the front door membrane (regulator seal), and then tracking down the inner sill if it’s parked on a slight incline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Or the seal of your roof bars to the roof is also another common area.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
S1lver
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by S1lver »

Thanks all. Certainly the end water movement is from the the rear slope into the passenger rear well. I’ve already sealed up the sponge seal from the sliding door
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

There's a rubber bung inside the top sliding door rail, roughly above the passenger headrest. Somebody on here had a leak through there, worth a check. You need to remove the bulkhead if you have, to see it.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
S1lver
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by S1lver »

I can see the rubber bung on the outside but will need to strip the carpeted side remains of the once bulkhead.

Thanks
S1lver
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by S1lver »

No sure if it’s a previous members caddy, bought it from Stoke with 35k full history. Wolfsburg suspension, davtec remap and egr solution insulated and carpeted rear. I’ve since done the pump and belt, new wiper arm linkage and Motor as a bolt was sheared. Vxr seats picked up tomorrow.