Problems After Fitting Bi Xenons

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Fireglorick
Caddy2k Groupie

Problems After Fitting Bi Xenons

Post by Fireglorick »

Hi,

Could anyone shine any light on this? I'm guessing the coding has been done wrong

I've had Bi Xenon headlights fitted to my MK4 by a garage who I thought knew what they were doing.

The headlights work of a fashion but I have gained the following problems.

The main beam will work when used as flash but will not work when the stalk is pushed forward.
The fan for the heater no longer works
The rear park assist sensors no longer work
The cornering lights no longer work

Don't want to take it back to the same garage.

Not happy to say the least
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Problems After Fitting Bi Xenons

Post by Doc »

Sounds like you've been taken in by someone who clearly had no idea what they are doing. Might be worth letting others know who it was, save others having the same issues.
The instructions for the retrofit are on the forum technical section, I'd have expected any company offering the service to have had this information before taking on the job.
You won't have access right now, being a new member. If you follow the advice in your activation email, you will find how to get access.

The heater fan, park assist and cornering lights are all things that should not have been affected, I can only assume they have "tried a few things" and messed those up while trying.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Fireglorick
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Fireglorick »

I'm hopefully getting a copy of the coding log from the garages VDS, so it should be a good starting point to see the before and after coding changes
Fireglorick
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Fireglorick »

Problem solved.

Took the first before coding log from VCDS then recoded module 9.

Everything started working again, then had the lights coded correctly