A great start to today

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

A great start to today

Post by Handyandy »

Hi this is what I woke up to on holiday in the lakes and the high winds they had gutted

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

A great start to today

Post by Lister79 »

Oh no, gutted for you mate, hopefully there isn’t too much damage? Did the garage take the most impact?
Could have been worse though as a few have been injured and one killed up here due to falling trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Re: A great start to today

Post by Handyandy »

I hope not it's been recovered after the tree was cut and removed I think the roof bars might of saved some of the roof but it still took a battering and aswell as the windscreen the bonnet took a hit and the paintwork has scratches all over it the monkey puzzle trees have very sharp scales on them ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Oh no, that looks pretty bad :shock: :(
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

They may write that off to be honest. If they do ask them how much they will sell you the van for, often you'll get a pay out and a very cheap vehicle you can put back on the road.
I was once run off the road in a cavalier gsi, they paid me out full cost of replacement and let me keep the car which I put back on the road for the price of a wheel, new wing and bumper, had another 2 years out of it and sold it on.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Defo total loss that i’d say looking at that roof sadly mate! But at least no one was hurt

Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

That doesn’t look good at all, gutted for you .

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Cheers lads I'm totally gutted just waiting to hear from the insurance assessors to give their report but won't hear anything till Monday
The van took the full impact of the tree there was an old astra parked next to mine it didn't even get touched by the tree I wish I was parked in his spot but knowing my luck it would of still took the hit :roll:
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I’m gutted to see that mate. As others have said, at least you or no one else were hurt.

Rescue me from the swans in me
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Yes no one was hurt and it did happen in the middle of the night but the poor van died literally as when they come to put it on the recovery truck he had to jump start it as the battery had died :lol:
tonyhill
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by tonyhill »

Just playing devil's advocate......are your mods declared on your insurance? They may try and wriggle out of it if not.
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Yes everything was declared to them what I am now annoyed at is although the people whose tree it was seem happy for me to make a claim against them my insurance don't want to know said they can't prove negligence and I end up footing all the costs I know I will get paid out for the van but it just pushes up my premiums again :(
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by SIMONSNOT »

The negligence would be that the land owner is responsible for maintenance of their tree. If this has not been done then they would be at fault. It does look like a fairly substantial monkey puzzle. Considering it’s an every green there does look like some dead stuff in there, brown leaves etc?

I was going to post early and ask who’s tree it was as it’s their responsibility but didn’t want to run salt in the wounds in case it was your own.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Any news from the insurance assessor yet mate?

Rescue me from the swans in me
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

@swan no I phoned them last night and apart from them telling me it's been a right off they said they don't know when the assessor will go to value it or when I get the van back they just keep saying it's at the salvage yard which fills me with dread thinking it's going to be damaged even more or parts will be missing but in the mean time I'm left without a vehicle or money to get one so having to turn work down because I can't get there