Tracking/camber once lowerd

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
minibrim
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by minibrim »

Iam finaly lowering my caddy on saturday!! I got a serious injection of get the f##k on with it when i saw a 2k hoovering up leaves going to work the other day!!!

My question is once ive lowerd it and bolted on these mahoosive merc rims on (8.5 on the front 9.5 on the back) will i need to re set the camber and tracking?

If so is it tracked neautral or is it toed in or toed out?

Iam asuming that u can alter camber like you can on a mk5?
If so what do i go for and by the way i dont want it for tarty looks i want it to turn in and not wander all over the road!!!
Splitpin
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Splitpin »

The caddy does not have camber adjustment as such, however there is a little adjustment in the inner bushes and the wishbone to balljoint, but it's not a lot at all.

I fettled mine when it was on the hunter alignment to get them to match.
ryanp
100BHP+

Re: Tracking/camber once lowerd

Post by ryanp »

Castor was way out on my jetta when it was lowered, i fitted some of those shims to stop the subframe moving around (common mk5 problem) and shoved the subframe as far back as possible to give it as much as possible. When it was on the hawkeye aligner the camber was a bit uneven so the subframe was the only place we could balance it out as the TT balljoints we set for max camber.

Toe will almost certainly need adjusting with the drop these caddies get, haha

Splitpin, what settings do you aim for when aligning? I got them to set toe parelell, max camber (1.5deg) and max
castor. I still think i could improve, thinking of getting the whiteline anti walk kit to give more dynamic castor.

I need this caddy to handle properly! No adjustment on the rear is a bit crappy!
ImageImage
Splitpin
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Splitpin »

I set toe to parallel, from memory I got the camber down to just over a degree. In a few miles I will have a good look at the tyres and see if it needs adjusting.

I'm not a fan of the rear setup, I would like to make a multi link setup to make it more car like or at least an anti tramp device as my axle does move from side to side!!