New guy

Pics from around the web
Cuddles998
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

New guy

Post by Cuddles998 »

Hi all, I've had a pre-facelift caddy since October and done just a few standard bits on the inside like new seats, touch screen stereo, new knobs, currently in the process of looking for a new steering wheel. And put some bbs lms on. But I'm just wondering if there's much else to do that will give it a bit more power with a re-map and also which are the best coilovers to get as I wouldn't mind air ride but being a daily van and not a show one I don't see the point in getting it.
Thanks, Brad.
1.9TDi (104) , Genuine 18"x8.5j OZ Racing Opera 2 or BBS LM Reps, Touch screen setup, Brembo front breaks, Audi A3 S Line half leather front seats, Caddy life arm rest. Carpeted load area.
To come: Remap, exhaust, coilovers, fold out bed/storage
:D
torque777
Hyper Poster

Re: New guy

Post by torque777 »

Hi Brad, I fitted vmaxx but didn't like them so went to spax rsx front adjustable coilovers and gaz rear adjustable dampers, ride is great, I have a straight through exhaust and had a map on a rolling road ending up with 152 bhp
Cuddles998
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cuddles998 »

Thanks torque777, I have had a read into a few things of people saying that to get over 200bhp you have to get the 6 speed gearbox and an uprated clutch and also a front mount inter cooler with a map to top it off. And as for coilovers, are they a hassle to fit at all or are they pretty simple? I fitted some to polos and golfs before. But never done anything that involves leaf springs or adjusters of that sort.
1.9TDi (104) , Genuine 18"x8.5j OZ Racing Opera 2 or BBS LM Reps, Touch screen setup, Brembo front breaks, Audi A3 S Line half leather front seats, Caddy life arm rest. Carpeted load area.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

6 speed gearbox, clutch and flywheel won't stop you getting to 200bhp, but it will help you make use of it.
The factory TDI intercooler is good for 200bhp but not much more, your standard injectors won't get that far though.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

If you want to go big power then don't bother if it's a bls, they will tune but as allready quite a few have thrown conrods I wouldn't tune it any further than a stage 1 map, I would change the engine for a asz or arl and fit a hybrid
Cuddles998
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cuddles998 »

Thanks guys for the different information :D I'll post some pictures soon and hopefully show progress. I'm not looking to go too crazy with power as I'm using it as a daily as well. But I just want to give it a bit more pulling power. Being the 1.9tdi 105 engine it's pretty perky as it is.