Golf GTi mk 7 front bumper conversion

Pics from around the web
Dk00000
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Golf GTi mk 7 front bumper conversion

Post by Dk00000 »

Caddyluv wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm It’s just a standard caddy startline bumper. Just painted gloss black.
as i can see you colored parts of the xenon headlights black.
could you please tell me more about this mod. i like it!
would be nice to have it on my edition 35
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

They have been custom made. I wouldn’t recommend doing them yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crippledcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Crippledcaddy »

hef355 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:42 am Thanks guys for the great comments on the van, all appreciated very much indeed! I’ll answer some of the questions going back a few weeks in this thread now and put some photos up that may help. Sorry not been on the forum for a while, apologies!

The engine is an Audi 3.2 V6 (R32) running at around 280bhp with an addictive sound ... so smooth and great fun!! ... mirrors are touran custom modified, front bumper is custom made from top part Caddy/bottom part Golf Gti mk7 and lower splitter is CSR. Rear roof spoiler is CSR. Rear bumper is R32 style and modified to fit Caddy. Wheels are 8.5j x20” front 10j x 20” rear, front and rear R32 brakes, sitting on KW coilovers front, gaz rear dampers on dark side lowering kit. Milltek Golf mk5 R32 non res modified to fit Caddy. Touran Bi-xenon lights ... future plans to add turbo and 4 motion.

Some photos of the buildImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

That is sick as! 😍😍😍
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Thank you buddy

Yokrantz
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yokrantz »

Caddyluv wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm It’s just a standard caddy startline bumper. Just painted gloss black. Image

Looks awsome! The blue lines really did it 👌
Gazmingo
Caddy Fan

Post by Gazmingo »

@hef355

Hi hef... read through your posts on that Epic van of yours..... major work gone in there.... my brother restores classic cars so i know how much time and work it takes to do certain jobs. Have to commend you on the Van. I have the same wheels ...but noticed you have no lockers on yours lol.
I Am interested in the rear door spoiler i read that Simon splits for barn door version. Could you poss point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.... trying to build posts up as not enough for PM.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

If someone was foolish enough to nick Heff's wheels......! :lol:

I wouldn't want his big paws around my throat!
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

@Gazmingo
Hi mate, thanks so much for your kind words on my van. It’s certainly a labour of love for sure. There’s also a further 3.6 V6 R36 dsg engine and box mod completed since this thread and also a 4 motion conversion that’s half way through as we speak. Simon is no longer around (long story) but to be honest, the ideas were all mine and I showed him how to make the bumpers and spoilers in the first place. I’ve shared some info recently on the CSR rear spoiler and how i’ve fitted and split it for barn doors. I’ll look for the link for the thread for you as well as the link for the R36/4 motion conversions. Yep no lockers on the wheels buddy, should really but live in the country and we get a bit complacent i think ... my luck has held up so far

@stedlocks
Yep that’s true too Pat, I might be an old git ... and i’ll help anyone with anything ... but touch my Caddy and the HANDS come out

hef355
Hyper Poster

Golf GTi mk 7 front bumper conversion

Post by hef355 »

@Gazmingo
Here’s the R36 engine and 4 motion thread

Wingback Gti's, R32 then upgraded R36 power and 4 motion for my pure grey
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

And here’s the link for the CSR spoiler split

CSR rear spoiler
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

@hef355

I have no doubt, Big fella! 😂 takes one to know one, and all that!😉
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Hopefully you can point in the right direction
The upgraded brakes you have - where did you get the hoses from - special order ? Size ?
Also I noticed that you have 20” wheels - what size are they ? Width ? ET ? I’ve been told that they don’t fit very well but you’ve manage to do it
The work that you’ve carried out looks impressive and I love that colour - mind you I did love that sound of the R32 engine what’s the R36 gonna to sound like - heaven I bet
Just keep up the good work
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Thanks mate for your kind words, im still learning about these great vans and its defo a labour of love!

Right - current discs and callipers are taken from the Audi 3.2 V6 donor car are bolt on using the Audi hoses too. Coming off now to be replaced by TTRS discs and pads

Wheels are staggered OEMS ifgtr 10” rear ET 45 and 8.5” front ET 45. To fit rears there has to be some mods made i.e ive cut and re fabricated the bottom of the inner side door to create a step in to clear the rear wheels. There is a thread on here somewhere on this if you look. Happy to send a link or pics if you want. Then the rear inner plastic wheel arch mud guards need to be removed.

Yep love the colour too (pure grey) and the noise on the 3.6 is deeper and less raspy than the 3.2, however, this will change as im changing the system completely now due to having to re route around the 4 motion rear so fitting an RS3 system with sound flaps. So should sound very loud and have a tamer option.

Thanks for your kind words ... few pics to boot below tooImageImage

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Thanks for the advice about the uprated brakes and wheels
I was looking at Rotaform OZR 20” - front 9 x 20 et38 rear 10 x 20 et40 but I’ve been told that they won’t fit I do like their style
I hope your four wheel drive conversion goes alright as it looks very involved I would be happy with the R32 power
Keep up the good work 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

@the long one

My pleasure buddy. Yep think you’d struggle to get those wheels in to be honest mate.

Ye the R32 was great fun but really wanted the very rare R36 for its uniqueness plus the 50bhp extra, forged crank as standard and a dsg box helped with a better foundation for more power. Supercharger searching after the 4 mo sorted

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

I think it’s the et that kills that type of wheel - they looked good as well
I would rather have a turbocharger than a supercharger (had a supercharged mini and a turbocharged mini the difference is that the turbo is more quicker,powerful & more economical) but doesn’t sound like a screaming banshee at full bore but the choice is all yours
Love the future exhaust complete with a noisy button
Current mini has a sport button which pops and bangs with the Akrapovic system and downpipe on ( do love the carbon tips )