My Caddy on 20inch wheels and gti mk7 front

Pics from around the web
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: My Caddy on 20inch wheels and gti mk7 front

Post by hef355 »

stu987 wrote:Hi mate new to the caddy world, the app wouldn't let me post this in your wingback thread so.... yours looks epic! I'd love to do my seats is there much modification in them? Or just sorting adapter plates out? Do you wingback rub the bulk head?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Hi my friend, sorry for the late reply and thank you for your kind comment. All you need are touran bases and they are then a direct fit. This is what I did and its so easy to do. Anything I can help you with just shoutImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

@stu987: sorry mate didn’t address your bulkhead question. I took mine out as I’m 6ft and there is no room with the bulkhead in to fund a comfortable driving position

btaylor2k
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by btaylor2k »

Amazing van, used it for a load of inspiration for my current build (currently stripped & ready to paint)
Ive got a set of 19" wheels with 8.5j front and 10j rears, ET45 and was thinking of modifying the side door as you did.
As i work on a building site, i dont want crap going all over my carpeted side door and not slamming it fully to floor, just springs and shackles kit from darkside. how did you make the rubber seal against the side door after modifying it? Was it a must do mod with 10j rears?
Kerbside Kustoms
milosbgd011
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Caddy on 20inch and gti mk7 fromt

Post by milosbgd011 »

RKDesigns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:16 pm If you don't have the Touran mirrors yet I have a set in Piano gloss black for sale... and if you get to know info from me you will get the same virus like Hef lol
Are this touran mirrors prepared for caddy,or need conversion
thx
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

milosbgd011 wrote: Are this touran mirrors prepared for caddy,or need conversion
thx
Sold them last year

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi Hef, that’s a mighty fine caddy you’ve got there! The bumper and colour look brilliant.

Rescue me from the swans in me
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

btaylor2k wrote:Amazing van, used it for a load of inspiration for my current build (currently stripped & ready to paint)
Ive got a set of 19" wheels with 8.5j front and 10j rears, ET45 and was thinking of modifying the side door as you did.
As i work on a building site, i dont want crap going all over my carpeted side door and not slamming it fully to floor, just springs and shackles kit from darkside. how did you make the rubber seal against the side door after modifying it? Was it a must do mod with 10j rears?
Hi mate, thanks for your positive comments, really appreciated! Yes the door mod defo needs doing with my 10j x 20” but it works perfectly as i used the rubber hollow tube seal that bonds to the body. If you can pm me or email i’ll do all i can to help my friend, its no big deal and looks quite neatImage ... email is hefinstar@hotmail.co.uk ImageImageImage

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

the swan fiend wrote:Hi Hef, that’s a mighty fine caddy you’ve got there! The bumper and colour look brilliant.

Thank you mate, yes its quite rare in original vw pure grey and the mk7 gti front and r32 rear pipes and bumper make it look ImageImageImage

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

hef355 wrote: Thank you mate, yes its quite rare in original vw pure grey and the mk7 gti front and r32 rear pipes and bumper make it look ImageImageImage

There’s a lot of work gone into it mate. I’m always taking inspiration from the expert builds like yours.

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

the swan fiend wrote: There’s a lot of work gone into it mate. I’m always taking inspiration from the expert builds like yours.

Thank you my friend, always here to help if I can with anythingImageImage

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

My Caddy on 20inch wheels and gti mk7 front

Post by RKDesigns »

Slidingdoor if you want to use it its nessesary to change the door. I hardly ever use it, so i only took a hammer and dented the inner Side a bit in and removed the doorplate. It could go open, but Hefin has a better solution.

When i drove with 10J rears I only blocked the angle of the axle, that it couldn’t move that much anymore. And the inner arches have to be removed. Max 245 width tires.

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

RKDesigns wrote:Slidingdoor if you want to use it its nessesary to change the door. I hardly ever use it, so i only took a hammer and dented the inner Side a bit in and removed the doorplate. It could go open, but Hefin has a better solution.

When i drove with 10J rears I only blocked the angle of the axle, that it couldn’t move that much anymore. And the inner arches have to be removed. Max 245 width tires.

Yes Ron you ate quite right, 245/30/20 and mine doesn’t rub either when the inner plastic arches are removed. But, you have a good idea to bond rubber strips on top of the axle. Top man RonImageImageImage
ProCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by ProCaddy »

Lovely looking van!
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

ProCaddy wrote:Lovely looking van!
Thank you mate, may well get it all finished one day, its all about the journey! Image

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

hef355 wrote: Thank you my friend, always here to help if I can with anythingImageImage

Thank you mate. Top man Image