Van security?

Pics from around the web
Cliffy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Van security?

Post by Cliffy »

Howdy chaps, I was wondering what people have done to secure their vans? I work away a lot so living in hotels with tools in the back, I remember a few years ago we had a contractor staying with us and thieves broke into his caddy via the back door, they just butchered the door to get access to the lock mechanism and opened it, I want to try and keep a clean look on the van or is a giant lock my only option?
Andy76
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Van security?

Post by Andy76 »

Appreciate this won't be much help but unfortunately it's a difficult one. We have found with our work vans (various manufacturers), that if 'people' want in, they will get in. Usually, as you have said by butchering the doors.

Tool safe's etc help protect what's inside but by the time they get that far the worst of the damage is done.

Unfortunately the visual option seems to be the best deterrent as the vans without them appear as easier pickings.
Cliffy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Cliffy »

I was up late last night looking at the van vault floor draw Seems like the best compromise to keep the load space clear
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Currently making my own draws as the van vaults are too expensive.
As a locksmith i agree that if someone wants in they will however I will recommend a genuine disclock to reduce the chances of it going missing.
Ive had one for years and really rate them but make sure you cover your steering wheel with something first or they mark it
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Snailz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Snailz »

On my transporter t5.1 I had a Clifford g5 full closure with proximity sensors. This was an awesome bit of kit. You couldn’t look in the window without it warning you, three of those warnings and the van alarm goes off Image I shall be getting that put on mine as soon as my caddy arrives in Jan. It’s not the new caddy before you ask it’s being delivered from a dealership near London.
I also have a van vault slider which are very well built bits of kit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk