Peng's Grey Caddy

Show off your caddy
Peng
Caddy2k Groupie

Peng's Grey Caddy

Post by Peng » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi guys. I'm a massive newbie to this, but finally found the caddy for me. Picked up this grey caddy, with a few bits already done to it. Well looked after van, not used for lugging tools etc around which is a bonus! Nice base to start with and add a few bits here and there as I go.

Currently has: 17" Bolas, Vmaxx BBK, coilovers, smoked side repeaters, carpeted rear

Will be adding a few subtle exterior bits to smarten it up. Main one will be wing mirrors, just realised that basically the only option being Caddy Life mirror for around £300! :shock:

Interested in a different front bumper, do we have any straight bolt on options to make it look a bit more modern?

Eventually looking to get a Tent Box and to take it around camping. Pricey bit of kit but looks worth it for me. Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Peng's Grey Caddy

Post by the swan fiend » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi mate. Looks like a nice van you’ve got there. If you keep the mods that have been done, that’s a few thousand you can spend on more mods.
As for the front bumper, there’s nothing besides a Touran bumper that fits direct, and that’s basically the same as the stock caddy one. You’ll need to get creative and take the top half of a caddy bumper and plastic weld the bottom half of a Golf GTI bumper or whatever you want to use. Quite a few lads have done it, have a poke through some build threads and see what’s what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me

Peng
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Peng » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:12 am

Cheers! Yes was lucky to find a van in the colour I wanted, and with some of the mods I wanted to do already done! It has left a nice amount for some extra mods that I have added to a little list.

Hmm ok so the front bumper may have to take a back seat for the moment I think, not brave enough to attempt that just yet. I did see a fibre glass one from "xclusive customz" but read some very mixed reviews on that, doesnt seem worth the punt at £295.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of some nicer touran door cards or similar that are a direct replacement? Read that some might need a small adjustment around the mirrorImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ACalamita
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by ACalamita » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:46 am

Looks like a decent base to carry on!

Touran door cards are a simple fit. Just a bit of trimming round the inner mirror plastic but you can use your Caddy one as a template.