Example of my OCD

Show off your caddy
aa48
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Example of my OCD

Post by aa48 »

First example of my OCD. May redo angle of siren yet not totally happy with it.
Using the factory bonnet switch inside the catch, the wire is in that loom so hidden away nicely.
s31teg
Twin Turbo poster

Re: Example of my OCD

Post by s31teg »

OCD? its minging under that hood
shaun
200BHP+

Post by shaun »

needs a good clean under there man :)
lovelydubly
Hyper Poster

Post by lovelydubly »

Was thinking what everyone else is sayin......... GIVE IT A WASH :lol:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

With the amount of Detailing World regulars that are on here, I'd be afraid to post a pic of anything in any way dirty. :lol:

Like the way you've integrated the cables into the factory loom, your plastic pipe looks very OEM, fabric tape is a nice touch too.

I had thought about fitting the siren in along with the wiper motor and engine management, give the sewer rats a real hard time if they wanted to whip it out. :D
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Matt a
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Matt a »

I assumed it must be to do with the loom rather than the cleanliness of the bay. :lol:
aa48
100BHP+

Post by aa48 »

It is more how the siren has gone in as to how clean it is under there.
I may give it a clean under there to today whilst trying (and I mean trying every sense of the word) to tint my back windows.
If it scrubs up ok I'll update the pic.

I'll know better for the next pics.
s31teg
Twin Turbo poster

Post by s31teg »

worst part about tint is getting it apart,

best method i found was to put tape on either side (like 2 tabs) then pull apart quickly

use some water+v-small amount of soap and make sure your spreader is clean otherwise you will have streaks in it that will need polishing out

im sure some of the lads that do it all the time can give you more, probs better tips pal
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

aa48 wrote:It is more how the siren has gone in as to how clean it is under there.
I may give it a clean under there to today whilst trying (and I mean trying every sense of the word) to tint my back windows.
If it scrubs up ok I'll update the pic.

I'll know better for the next pics.
Don't be put off by some comments or a misunderstanding about reason for your post - tidy install mate.

Jonesy :mrgreen:
aa48
100BHP+

Post by aa48 »

Todays tinkering included fitting the rest of the alarm, have to remove the drivers door panel to pick up the CDL connections. Whilst the panel was off also ran some twin core for my electric window kit.

Gonna fit the switches in the centre console as in my last van I fitted them in the arm rest of the door panel and kept opening the window when resting on said arm rest.

Managed to even get some proper pins for the plug in the drivers door from a place in Shrewsbury that makes car wiring looms. I was working up that way when installing them the first time. Also tinted the drivers window for the moment, if it sets properly tomorrow, I'll do the passenger door.

Might fit the drivers window door motor tomorrow aswell. It's an Electric Life kit, uses VW window motors.