My new caddy for 2014

Show off your caddy
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: My new caddy for 2014

Post by Doc »

This is insanely tidy, fair play to you for all the time and effort you've put into this. You deserve a job at sortimo/festool.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Incredible job. Looks high end/off the shelf. Love all the details.

About the aluminium trims you wanted to bend. I suspect you could probably carefully just bend them being that its such a gentle arc you need.

Another option is to kerf/relief cut the inside part of the extrusion. I've done a doodle to illustrate the point but I suspect its a lot of work and maybe a slightly untidy [for you] finish.

And the other option I can think of aside from heating them is to get someone with a shrinker to squeeze the inside part of the profile which has the effect of shrinking the metal and gently curving it, or putting it through a tube bender although I suspect that will crush the profile unless they use a mandrel.

Might be some useful stuff in here:

http://www.metalgeek.com/archives/2005/05/01/000047.php
Bracks86
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

My new caddy for 2014

Post by Bracks86 »

Nice workmanship there going to use/take inspiration from that for my rear I think

You must have spent a few quid on those festool boxes but very very smart tho. I’ve got the dewalt toughsystem boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jeffers76 »

Top top work as usual so much time and effort gone into this, love it
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

Thanks guys.
My old build is currently in my garage if anyone wants to give me a few beer tokens for it?
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

Fantastic quality and eye for detail so feel a bit stupid asking about something you haven't made yourself :oops:

The sealant tube holder on your rear door - does it rattle with the gun in it?
I was about to order one for myself but decided against it as the smallest rattle drives me insane
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

It did rattle, but I found when slamming the door, the kinetic energy of the gun, especially when a fullish tube was in it, and the bar was extended, it was flying forward, and pulling out the trim clips of the panel.
A small bungee around the top holder, and hook the bar under it cured this, and the rattle.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

Thanks v much, will order one
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

tommyzooom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 pm I removed everything from a donor A3, so came away with all the oem wiring, bolts, and the cover.
Love the way @tommyzoom casually says that. I just spent 4 hours at a breakers removing the dash and heater box from an A3 to be able to remove the loom :lol: Happy enough though got everything I need for £30 :D

Can anyone confirm that this wiring information is correct for a facelift Caddy. The donor wiring seemed to go indirectly to the back of the heater control panel.

The heater has a direct connection to the comfort CAN bus.
The nearest location of the bus would be the Data bus diagnostic interface, the module is the black box with the red plug in it, unwrap the loom and look for the orange/green and orange/brown wires that are twisted together, cut the repair wire in half and splice one cut end to each of the wires identified above. Attach to the other end to the connector plug as follows;
Pin 1 to orange/green
Pin 2 to orange/brown
Plug the connector into the heater

TIA
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

Lol, when I removed mine, the breaker said the heater box was of no value, so I put a hammer through it to get at the wires above it :)
That sounds about right, but I didn't go back to the canbus module. You'll pick up two canbus wires near the heater controls. (If you have AC)
My Website
My Instagram

Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

Thanks mate, so as long as I stick to the colours I can tap in anywhere :D
Always remember with me that nothing is foolproof enough to foil a sufficiently talented fool :lol:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

I fInally got round to making a MFT style worktop, to match my cushion, to complete my racking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Website
My Instagram

Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

class work as always andrew
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Shassen
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shassen »

I've just read the whole thread and just wanted to say, great looking van and you've got an exceptional eye for details. Great work!
/Fredrik
Ted2
100BHP+

Post by Ted2 »

Very nice work Andrew👍

What door sill protectors did you use?