ImageImage

This is how I done mine. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trials 21
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: FZO White Caddy

Post by Trials 21 »

JD2k wrote: Which pioneer speakers did you fit?
So I had a look at my box and it turns out I got these...
They sound pretty decent but I think the ones you were looking at might be slightly better as mine a lower wattage.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

Also im thinking of adding a sub, I really want to put one in the little storage space behind the seats but I don't have a clue on how to work out sub box enclosure volume or if that even matters a whole lot, if anyone is clued up about this please let me know

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

You could get an active under seat sub. They're really slim and you obviously won't need a seperate amp to run it. I have a Pheonix gold one and I'm pretty impressed with its performance for the size of it. It gives a nice kick but it's not something that you can hear booming from streets away, just a good sound for the small cab of a caddy. I guess it depends how mad you want to go.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

I did have a quick look at those a while ago, I only want it to give a nice boost as when in driving the road noise drowns it out a bit.
and yeah that would be the easier option I suppose out of curiousity did you mount in under the driver or passenger seat? And do you still run power through the firewall?
I might have to look in to one of those.

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

FZO White Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

Mine is under the passenger seat. Think I paid about £180 for it supplied and fitted at my local audio shop.

Instagram: @y_5cuf
brownmaximan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by brownmaximan »

Trials 21 wrote:Also im thinking of adding a sub, I really want to put one in the little storage space behind the seats but I don't have a clue on how to work out sub box enclosure volume or if that even matters a whole lot, if anyone is clued up about this please let me know Image

Have a look on JL Audio’s website they list spec’s of speakers and the enclosures sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

Trials 21 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:08 am So I had a look at my box and it turns out I got these...
They sound pretty decent but I think the ones you were looking at might be slightly better as mine a lower wattage.

Thanks for that! It looks like a couple of different models will work, I just had not seen many people on here post anything about having pioneer speakers fitted.
ImageImageImage
Mickthebell
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Mickthebell »

I fitted these bad boys
Pioneer 165mm Caddy upgrade from Dynamic sounds on flea bay £61.95 (if the picture doesn't upload above. Easy to fit with plastic spacers supplied.
Good sound but treated myself to some more punch with a Focal 2.1 underseat subwoofer also from 'the bay of e's' 2nd hand happy days.
It fits perfectly on its side behind the passenger seat with 2 self tappers fixing the metal trim at the bottom of the bulkhead.
Sorry if no pics it's the first time trying to post pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

Mickthebell wrote:I fitted these bad boys
Pioneer 165mm Caddy upgrade from Dynamic sounds on flea bay £61.95 (if the picture doesn't upload above. Easy to fit with plastic spacers supplied.
Good sound but treated myself to some more punch with a Focal 2.1 underseat subwoofer also from 'the bay of e's' 2nd hand happy days.
It fits perfectly on its side behind the passenger seat with 2 self tappers fixing the metal trim at the bottom of the bulkhead.
Sorry if no pics it's the first time trying to post pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ahh cool, that's exactly where
I want to put a nice little sub, I don't suppose you would have any measurements of the enclosure would you? ImageImage

Mickthebell
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Mickthebell »

Check out Focal.com or google Focal IBUS 2.1 it’s better than the 2.0 the amp also amplifies the 2 front speakers. It’s all plug and play. I also fitted a parrot Bluetooth so I can stream my music via Bluetooth from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

I will have to get looking, cheers for the info

Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

Ok so after a few years of my caddy being a true champ helping 3 of my friends move house, being a daily driver and weekend motorway cruiser I thought I would get it looking how I always wanted. here is just some photos taken over that time.ImageImageImage

Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

Also had it remapped to ~140 bhp to be honest this was probably the best mod I have done as you don't feel like you are killing it getting it up to speed limits. And being a 1.6 I am happy with the power for now Image.
Pics were from a independent Dyno day where all my friends had there high hp fords evos and stuff then I pulled the wagon on ImageImage

Trials 21
Caddy Fan

Post by Trials 21 »

Also had a little holiday to St.Ives and decided to go further South to get to land's end.

ImageImageImage