new caddy with mods planned

Show off your caddy
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lord-dudester »

hi all I'm new here and heres my first caddy (black edition) that i picked up a few weeks back

I've added the rear spoiler and side bars so far, oh and removed the edition stickers

planned initial mods are, mirrors off and life mirrors to replace them - just gotta get them painted. I've got some super plus MSPs in the garage that are going on next wk, they're just waiting for tyres. xenons are a must for me, so they'll be in soon and I'm gonna tweak the front end somehow, just not too sure if its a bumper swap or just a splitter at the mo

long term, the engines coming out for sure, i love it, but its just a bit slow. so somewhere next year its gonna get a GTI engine in it :D

the roof bars are coming off tomorrow, I'm not a fan of the way they change the overall shape. i tried to make them off earlier but the bolts holding them on need replacing with a flush black bolt - they've nasty grey big ones holding them in

its used daily for work and I've already had the headline out and popped tanos mobil racking in. it works really well for me as i work out of systainers

i'll pop pics up as the work progresses

cheers - nick

ImageImage
PaulC61
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: new caddy with mods planned

Post by PaulC61 »

Blimey, not to shabby for your first caddy.

Racking unit in the back looks interesting, not seen one like that before. Are the boxes designed especially for that racking?

Enjoy your upgrades
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That is a nice choice of wheel for a black caddy.
Which colour combination did you go for?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

PaulC61 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:28 am Blimey, not to shabby for your first caddy.

Racking unit in the back looks interesting, not seen one like that before. Are the boxes designed especially for that racking?

Enjoy your upgrades
hi mate - yeah so the company that make it sell those boxes (systainers) onto loads of tool companies who pack up their power tools into them, they all slot and clip together, its superb but comes with the usual german price tag

Doc wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:36 am That is a nice choice of wheel for a black caddy. Image
Which colour combination did you go for?
:D :D is thats yours i see the pics of on their FB page? it looks superb

i went for the silver with the black caps, i was well up for the silver/black but when i bought em they told me me that all silver was the way to go so i took their advice - might have to buy another set :lol:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yea, that's mine.
They are a great wheel, you won't be disappointed.
We'll have to get a photo of both together some time, Super+ had not known of anyone running them on a caddy until mine, now there's two.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

ah no - have i gotta pay you royalties for crashing on your exclusivity !? :lol: :lol: :lol: they're well sexy aint they. i got the rubber for em just turned up so gonna get them on next wk. i'll get a pic up once they're on

anyways mate, i could do with a chat with you at some point, I'm gonna send my van to matt to swap my engine out and he's advised me that you're the man to speak to first - he even described you as a electrical genius! :lol: :lol:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Royalties, no way, I'm only too happy to see another set in the country and even more importantly on a caddy.

We can hook up and chat some time, yea. Matt (@iib3327) is frightened of electrics so anyone who practices in that sort of Voodoo magic seems like a genius. If you seen him on the tools, you'd understand why I consider him as the only person allowed to tinker with or even drive my caddy.

lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

haha brilliant ! he's filled me with confidence after a quick chat and i cant wait to get the van over to him, gonna aim for early new year. just need to iron out what donor to go for

as for the electric i know where he's coming from, its well beyond my knowledge base i stay well clear of it ! :D
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

update:

finally got round to getting the new wheels on, they're amazing and I'm so pleased with them. only downside is, they're so special they really need a minimal look van to make the best of them, so I'm gonna loose the roof and side bars pretty soonish. also desperately needs lowering more, so aiming for coilovers in the next few weeks.

lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

forgot to say I'm thinking those wheels are so nice, i may have to go for another set in a different colour combo :D
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Van looks great Dudester :D
My ocd loves the systainers, I might have to invest!
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
ed1119
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by ed1119 »

Your Caddy looks ace and with the mods you mentioned
I’m torn between upgrading to the super plus MSP’s or getting a mint set of Helios - love the look of both
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Looks good but needs lows asap.
We need a Super+ UK meet soon.

lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

Ah defo mate. I’d love to see yours.

I’ve got a few minor jobs I’d love for you to look at. I tried to email you earlier but it bounced back?
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

And cheers for the positive comments guys. I’m well happy with how it’s coming on. A bit of trial and error unfortunately. Those side bars in retrospect were a waste of cash. But hey ho. I’ll get em up for sale once I’ve dropped it

And systainers - essential 👍🏻😀