Toffee delights

Show off your caddy
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Re: Toffee delights

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Lister79 [/mention] still good going mate and to get it to look so oem is mint you definitely need a few more carbon bits in the engine bag now would top it off specially the the gloss black and toffee engine cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Wasn’t planning on working on the van after work but sometimes you’ve just got to go with it. Got the hybrid Caddy/TTRS fuel pump finally finished off. It uses a modified caddy sender (housing mods) in the TTRS pump basket with a 2017 Caddy top plate with new corrugated fuel line and obviously factory connectors.
Once this was done it was installed into the new petrol fuel tank; then this and the lines where installed into the van.
Few more odds and sods to do plus sort the top hose issue out and it shouldn’t be far away from turning the key.

Hybrid Caddy/TTRS fuel pump

Tank and new line installed

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

@Lister79

Well, what can I say Chris! I’ve not really been in Caddy mode due to some personal issues of late, but following some better news i’ve been able to gorge and catch up on this fabulous build!

Your work, as i’ve aways said, sets the bar for me and many others to aspire to! You should be so proud of yourself Chris and this takes some beating!

Well done mate! Total respect on every aspect and you are such a humble and modest guy too which makes me admire you even more!

Hef

Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Sorry to hear this Hef, I hope everything comes good.
Thanks for your kind words, hopefully we will catch up soon.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

What an incredible job you have done. I applaud the mastery and skill gone into this along with the hard work and effort.
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Thanks mate

Build thread:
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Been pottering away at nights, got the air filter housing finally sorted. After trying numerous couplings I ended up back with the original and modifying the housing; made up a bracket for the 3rd mount and also replaced the original stainless screws for some Black stainless ones just to make them not as obvious.
Had to wait until my youngest came to put the “pink stuff” in (G12 evo antifreeze) then it was fired up for the first time, was too late to run for long as with no exhaust it’s hideously loud (thanks to [mention]Doc [/mention] for sorting the video).
Quickly tried to code in the ABS but this rejected under error 31, at that point I called it for the night in favour of getting something to eat Image

It’s alive

https://youtu.be/-yrNuaome0A

Air filter

Original bolts

In work

Build thread:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

This is so cool, I am so happy for you.
I can't wait to get both vans together and maybe even give it some on a private airstrip.
I may need to respray my van and polish it to within an inch of its life to look anything like yours. The IS38 turbo might have to come out of the box if yours does embarrass me.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Cheers dude, yeah I’ll definitely have a run down.
with me behind the wheel there is no chance of any embarrassment, unless it’s a 30-50 mph race then you’ll beat me anyway as I’ll be stuck in the world of lag.

Build thread:
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Toffee delights

Post by Guy94 »

Amazing work mate! And the fact you took this on by yourself you should be very proud of the quality and meticulous planning of every detail that has gone into this. It’s safe to say that I want one of those engines

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Lister79 [/mention] incredible work again mate. Engine bay looks mint now. I bet your well chuffed

Pepsi
Hyper Poster

Post by Pepsi »

Nice to hear it running after all the hard work thats gone in to it.
What kind of exhaust are you looking to put on.
Bet your well chuffed at hearing it purr or shall I say growl for the first time.
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Thanks all.
[mention]Pepsi [/mention] it’s getting a full 3” system built by CSK race exhausts in York.

Build thread:
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Toffee delights

Post by hef355 »

Well mate! This is music to my ears and im sure an entire orchestra for you! Nothing quite compares with ... or beats ... that first turn key after all that hard work! Fliipin amazing work mate and im having a glass of wine here to salute you buddy

Last edited by hef355 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsi
Hyper Poster

Post by Pepsi »

I'm sure that will sound awesome. Hopefully another video once the exhaust is on.

Truly amazing work and craftsmanship