Toffee delights

Show off your caddy
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Toffee delights

Post by Giddy »

Have the same skirts sitting in the garage and was going to use Alltrack mounts to support the skirts too :lol:
Love the edging rubber idea! Fantastic job as always.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Cool, I’ve used 3 mounts each side at the front middle and rear (other 2 positions are sealed over from the factory on mine so didn’t want to disturb it). If you end up doing the same you’ll need the mounts and 20mm spacers for the front and middle and a mount plus 40mm spacers for the rear positions. I used 20mm thick HDPE plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

Wow Chris fantastic work here mate, great touches you keep putting on this beast of a van, that front bumper looks awesome
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi there @Lister79
Congratulations 👏 on your progress mate 🤩
I just wanted to understand your skirts ? I’m running the RK Design skirts, colour coded to my Chestnut 🌰 and like the idea of having a black gloss rubber edging on them. Is that what you did ? Built up the skirts (they came in pairs) and then added to skirts and painted as a whole though?
Cheers 👍
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Cheers lads.

With mine being a SWB the skirts are one piece, after modifying them a bit to get them to fit right they were painted and then the edging rubber added at time of fitting (it sits behind and over the upper edge of the skirt). If you’ve already fit yours I think you’ll struggle to fit one as it’s held on with 3M tape and also the adhesive will spread up onto it.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Ahh understood, thank you 👍
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

I’m always an early riser but today I was wide awake at 3 so decided I’d crack on with the van, 12 hours later and I’ve managed to get all the little bits finished off (except the BCM replacement as it hasn’t arrived yet) and gave the van a clean so I could take it out of the tent and get some photos (and it bloody rained Image). I’ll be sorting the insurance out tomorrow and fingers crossed the BCM will arrive this week.
It’s been a very enjoyable few month since February but I’m pleased its now pretty much finished now and I can get back training properly; I’m extremely happy with how it’s all turned out.
Need to get some miles on it and then get it to CSK race exhaust when he starts working again.
I’d like to say a huge thankyou to [mention]Doc [/mention] for all the help and pointers along the way, [mention]Twinsport [/mention] for putting up with my constant requests for tweaks and general messing about over the last 2+ years; we got there in the end, my old man who at nearly 80 years old didn’t care about lying on his back to help me lift my axle/tank and everything thing else in, the wife for always supporting me in everything, [mention]gidyon06 [/mention] for running around for me and storing all my parts and of course all the other active members of this forum who have taken an interest in the build, all the comments are much appreciated and I’d like to think the build inspires others to take the time and do things to a good standard thanks all.

Could literally stare at it all day Image

Build thread:
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Simply a thing of beauty!

Well done, credit to you for your attention to detail and level of finish, awe inspiring!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Lister79 [/mention] you’ve done and incredible job and this is the perfect example of a well built up caddy no expense spared. The amount of attention to detail you’ve done on it and how well made every mod is. You should be mega proud mate. The van looks the mutts nuts still is and always will be one of my favourite colours

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Holy $hit :shock:
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Beaker2135 »

It looks stunning Chris. I can’t imagine how happy you must be with it and I hope you get as much pleasure from driving it as you have from building it
I’m excited to see it at some point
Congratulations
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Rich_chancer
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rich_chancer »

That is stunning mate. What a clean build

Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated.

Build thread:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm buzzing for you buddy, fair play to you the end result is a thing of beauty.
I can't wait until we can get a cruise together, two self built EA888 engined Caddys. Two unicorns in that aspect but yours is leagues ahead in all other areas.

On a side note, thank you for the constant updates on the forum.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by james400 »

The quality of work that has gone into this mate is outstanding you should be proud of it looks outstanding cant wait to see it in the flesh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk