Post by Stedlocks »

mark1a
Hyper Poster

Re: Got one at last! Blackberry content inside

Post by mark1a »

Nice! What plans do you have for it?
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stedlocks »

Long story short.....

I've been planning on getting a Caddy in the summer, as I have a lovely old VW camper that I will be selling to raise the funds and getting rid of my ancient (20years old!) Kangoo, so I could consolidate 2 vans and associated insurance and tax yadda yadda into 1 caddy.
Unfortunately, the Kangoo died, and would'nt have passed it's MOT.
so, I've had to use my camper for day to day stuff, which isn't ideal!
I've been desperately trying to work out the best way forward, with the options being
1. Buy a cheap van to see me through till about May, before selling both and getting caddy, or
2. Scrape together what I can get right now, and try to find something not white (bog standard white, not modded! :D ), not spaceship miles, not hammered, new shape, preferably Blackberry or Pure Grey, as these colours have always pushed my buttons...and the budget? 5k!

Now, while five large is not a small amount of money, particularly to me, have you had a look whats around for that sort of dough? nothing that fit my criteria, thats for sure!

Then, last night, I was browsing the various classifieds and auction/scamming bastid sites, and I came across this one. I honestly thought it was a scam as well, but after speaking to the chap on the phone, and coming to the conclusion that it was legit, took a drive up to Northampton this morning!
suffice to say, that it was well within my budget, and fit all of my criteria......apart from being a 2.0 litre, but you can't have it all!
The guy was an absolute gent, the test drive was lovely, and deposit paid....I didn't even try to haggle, and Pat don't pay retail!

My plans are modest to start with, as despite owning some lovely aircooled VW's all my life, I've never ventured into this scene before. I plan on lowering it, correcting the small blemishes on the paintwork, some alloys and some front seats.....maybe colour coding the bumpers. And a golf GTD front bumper.And a re-map. :D
It'll be a slow burn though.....
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Nice one mate. Itll look even better when the sun comes out 8)

Your new seats are in the for sale section waiting for you. From one blackberry to another :lol: :lol: :lol:
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

oh, ya bugger!

they are my favourite seats too......
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

had a spare hour tonight and pulled out some of the boxing in the previous owner had done. The carpet has been ordered and I will be cutting down the bulkhead to cover the B pillar gaps before carpeting.
had a little go with some compound on the bonnet at the bird shite stains.....they're not going to shift without a fight! I also had a couple of Henry Westons finest tramp's brew and thought I'd better knock it on the head at 11pm, to save me messing things up! :D
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

So... I’ve been gathering bits and bobs to start work... this is what the rear area looked like, ok, but tired and ripped

Now, after a few days of mucking about with glue and carpet, as well as making templates from cardboard and using the old ply from my Kangoo, it looks like this...

The previous owner had the bulkhead in his stable (!), and I’ve cut it down and carpeted it, to hide the big holes... they’ve come out lovely, and look factory!

I’ve also popped in some Audi S-Line seats.... they’ve not been completely cleaned yet, as my days have been interrupted by ‘husbandly chores ‘ as I like to call them!!

Next on the list is lowering and then alloys..... but I’m trying to track down cheapies, as I’m only a poor firefighter..... I need sponsorship!!😂
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Looking good mate. Nice upgrade with the seats 👌
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Cheers fella...Not as nice as your tartan golf ones, but I ummed and ahh’d too much and they sold!
Now, I need honest opinions, as I’m torn!
I was rooting through my garage earlier, looking for something in the darkest corners, when I came across a set of alloys that I forgot I had! I bought them years ago when I was going to lower my camper and they are 5x112, but only 15’s..... but, as they are free, it got me thinking!
I’m torn between thinking they look pants, and thinking that the whole retro/modern thing actually might work!

What does the forum massive think?
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Not me I’m afraid. I bit a fan. But these things are always down to you. If you feel cool then that’s all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

I know, I think they look wrong, but something says ‘they’re cool!’

But I don’t want to look like a knob! :lol:
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Nice van mate, not a fan of those wheels if I’m honest but like Ryan says it’s your van and you need to make it your own regardless of what others like. What offset are they as it looks way too low (huge amount of poke) but that could just be the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

I'm not sure fella, I've given up the idea of using them anyway.....I just wanted something that wasn't a steelie on there ASAP :D
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

not really done much on the caddy lately, I've been busy doing other stuff, but I bought the Stance + lowering kit today :D

Still looking for alloys......
watty1998
100BHP+

Post by watty1998 »

wack some alloys on and it'll look completely different mate, will be interesting to see what colour you're gonna go with :)