Post by robblowen »

@Bradleyb cheers man

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My ex British Gas conversion

Post by robblowen »

Not had much time to touch the van last couple of weeks, don't seem to have stopped! Heres a few little up dates.

First off thanks to doc I managed to get the rns 510 working, so it's no longer an expensive clock!

Also managed to source some golf 6 heated seats, a control panel (thanks to stan the man)and kufatec loom which should all work once fitted and coded?

Then managed to get the near side door stripped, sound deadened, upgraded speaker wired in and one of tommy zooms exit warning lights/looms fitted which will need coding in once the other sides fitted.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LEWISREES7
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by LEWISREES7 »

Where did you get the nav from mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@LEWISREES7 do you mean my head unit dude? It's a RNS 510 from a mk 6 golf, got it off ebay, the bloke had swapped to a pioneer set up. Picked up the bluetooth module and mic from a different ebay seller, theres quite a few on ebay you've just got to make sure you get the right bluetooth module to do music as well as calls. I'm well happy with it, it's got radio, cd, bluetooth streaming and calls, vw sat nav and automatically links in with the parking sensors! When I get round to up grading a few bits it will work with the clocks and steering wheel as well.

LEWISREES7
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by LEWISREES7 »

Don’t know if you saw my message I’m quite new to this. How did you solve the bulkhead problem mate? With the trim I mean. Also did you do all electrics yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Doc on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

No worries man, I'm not exactly a veteran! Lol, I've gone down to route of cutting the bulkhead down and carpeting them, I only did it as a temp fix till I decided if I wanted to shell out big bucks for new trim or source used ones but it looks well smart and blends in with the back being carpeted so I think I'm going to stick with it. There should be some pics further up this thread. Someone has done a decent "how to" but I can't remember who it was off the top of my head. A quick search should throw it up though. You started a build thread for yours? It's a good way to get your post count up plus could give other some inspiration.

LEWISREES7
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by LEWISREES7 »

Thanks mate. I’ll have to start one up. It’ll be a slow one as I’m in Uni in the day and work in the night! I’ll try to copy yours as best I can without the seats in the back I think.
Noo3000
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Noo3000 »

New to this forum as recently purchased an ex gas van myself and loving the thread and build so far! giving me some great ideas.

I think the bulk head delete looks spot on so going to give that a go this weekend when its back from the local garage getting the Eibach kit & 18s installed :)

look forward to your next posts!
Mal-ec
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Mal-ec »

Thanks for taking the time to put up pics and explain how you've done stuff. Really helpful to us newbies. Seeing the rear seat fixing has helped me get my head round what I need to do. Looking bob on, top work.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Cheers boys, it's gone on a bit of a back burner for the last month, just too much on, hopefully get going again this week and make some more progress!

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

So after another stupidly busy month, I finally got some time on the van!!! Managed to have quite a productive afternoon getting small bits done and finishing stuff off.

First up was the underside of the bonnet, after a decent clean and a warm with the heat gun, I fitted some sound deadening and the under bonnet insulation. It's an ebay knockout, so the fit isn't quite perfect, notice to 2 outer clips don't quite fit. But for £35 I'm happy enough! I'm hoping it will help with how slow the engine is to get warm, especially on these cold mornings!ImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

2nd task was to finish sound deadening the doors, so I stripped the offside door, cleaned it sound deadened it and fitted one of tommyzooms door warning lights and looms while it was aparts, ran out of light so pics are poor!ImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Ordered some 30mm rubber bungs to fill the gaping holes near the wipers.

ImageImage
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Fitted the shiny new lashing points to the tailgate threshold!ImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Last job before my knees seized up was to fit the gti pedal covers, nice quick/cheap/little mod, excuse the state of the van, it needs a clean!!!Image