Andy’s Silver Caddy Build

Show off your caddy
thesatchell
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Andy’s Silver Caddy Build

Post by thesatchell »

I like this. I like the sliding bed with the self inflating mattress. The roof box weirdly suits the van too. Great work.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Bespoke 3D drawings; instagram :arrow: rearsbyconcepts
:idea: Caddy2k discounts available.
andyreflexsilver
100BHP+

Post by andyreflexsilver »

So nothing has been modded, but the Caddy has seen some use recently. I’ve done 2600 miles in 8 days from my house in Northumberland, to the southern coast of France and back. Here’s a quick picture of the setup before I left ImageThe trip went from home to Dover, then the ferry to Calais, Calais to small town called Trevoux for the first nights camping and to break up a long drive, then up the next morning and down to Cagnes Sur Mer, on the French Riviera where I set up camp for 3 nights to explore the southern coast.
We then explored Nice, Antibes, Cannes, and Monte Carlo, (a word of warning to anybody doing this, take your roofbox off before trying to park in ANY French town, almost all of the parking is underground and limited to 1.9mtrs in height).
ImageImage

Then after 3 nights in the Riviera, I headed into Italy to make my way up to the alps, where I pitched up camp right beneath Mont Blanc. Truly breathtaking scenery.
Then finally off the the last stop. Paris. An absolute nightmare to drive around, and the roofbox actually had to be shoehorned into the back of the van to get into the car park there. But still, a beautiful city
Also the perfect place to put a ring on it, and she said yes!!

Then back home, Paris to Northumberland. Now absolutely shattered, but the Caddy performed valiantly. A true machine! Literally not even a single hiccup along the way, even whilst driving in 44 Celsius, which is no picnic with a Trendline without Aircon ImageImageImage

Now onto planning the next adventure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by robblowen »

Looks like an awesome trip dude and congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

QuattroSWB
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by QuattroSWB »

Loving what you've done here.
Am looking at getting a Maxi probably shortly for a house build starting next year and then to use for camping and taking the bike out with.

Just looking into the right mods to make it a sleeper...

Also, how to freshen up the front end (wings, front bumpers/side skirts, and headlights). Looks like wheels are 18x8ET40ish to fit nice n snug too.
Caddy Maxi wanted ideally with a number of mods already done 8)
2003 E46 CSL
2011 X5
1970 Volvo P1800 (under the knife).