Sarbs mk4. *folding mirrors*

Show off your caddy
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Sarbs new caddy

Post by Sabbunsingh »

So randomly rang matt at dubunit on Wednesday and told him I am in desperate need of a map. I got blown away by a long wheel base transit and it hurt my pride. He laughed and said we cannot be having that. When can you come in?
I replied with tomorrow if your on it. He told me to swing round next day.
Omg, top dude that worked his magic in no time at all. I got me a personalised map esp for Danny Dyer (private joke).
Quick run up the road to datalog and check parameters and it was bang on the money.
Another OMG! The difference is night and day from 102bhp to around 180bhp. Smooth linear power delivery, so not too much stress on transmission. No flat spots up to redline. Just a perfect tune that I was looking for.
Matt is very knowledgeable and laid back. I can see why him and doc get on so well. I would recommend him to everyone and will be going back for more help when I need it. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

Done a lot to the caddy and love how it looks. Especially on the merc alloys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Today's update. Painted the shelf black and fitted my w8 light. Looks so much better with the ambient light and led bulbs.ImageImageImageImage

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
CaddyTeam1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by CaddyTeam1 »

Looking good! Is the W8 light a direct fit straight in? It's a nice touch

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

CaddyTeam1 wrote:Looking good! Is the W8 light a direct fit straight in? It's a nice touch

Adaptor loom and some trimming of plastic. Run a wire to light switch. Nothing much really.

CaddyTeam1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by CaddyTeam1 »

Very nice touch, I may keep an eye out for one!

DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DING-DONG »

Where did you take it to have the tracking done ?

I'd prefer to use someone on recommendation.
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Not much to update as in winter mode. Got some s3 alloys with uniroyal rainsport tyres for a good price so slapped them on.
Had my headlights wrapped with fly eyes mesh film.
Front windows tinted with the lightest tint the dude had.
Massive dark sun strip on the front.
That will do till spring. ImageImageImageImage

rhys.carp
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rhys.carp »

@Sabbunsingh love the headlight wraps dude! lovely touch

oliverbown
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by oliverbown »

Big fan of the headlights, are they still pretty bright even with the tint?
Last edited by Doc on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

Nice looking van pal,

I’ll be taking my 1.9tdi maxi to Matt for its map once I get the cam belt and water pump service sorted only heard good things about dub unit

Did you get a black W8 light or paint that too? I have a light grey and was considering painting but looks hard keeping the red lights coming through on the switches.

Cheers

R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

The light was already done when I got it.

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Been off this week with the global pandemic so had a chance to play with the van. S3 front and rear brakes have been sitting in my shed for 6 months so i decided to fit them. Made my own rear hard pipes to convert to caddy levers and brake lines.
Put the 20inch summer wheels back on. The fronts just touch so I need to get some spacers or get the grinder out.
Also managed to smash front splitter so got a new one and while I was at it I got some trc side skirts all in gloss black.
Might learn how to take a decent pic one day. But for now here are some of my dodgy ones.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Had to take the mesh film off the headlights. They made the lights worse than I could put up with. Almost dangerous down the country lanes. Fitted some new bulbs to help and can honestly say they make a massive difference.
Night breaker laser for a decent price.Image

Timw144
Caddy Fan

Post by Timw144 »

loving the side splitters I'm going to look in to those instead of the gross bars it has on mine currently! van sits so well on the summers :D