What windbreaker are you wearing?

Thanks!!!
Caddy 1.4 TSI - 131 HP
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Sarbs new caddy

Post by Sabbunsingh »

phil wrote:they will look great, ive been hunting for ages for any of these but with no avail. where did you source yours?
Found a dude on Facebook Market place for passenger side and ebay for the other side and bulbs etc

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

ngc wrote:Where can I get that keychain?
What windbreaker are you wearing?

Thanks!!!
Loads of people on ebay and Facebook make them.
What pic is the windbreaker that you refer to in?

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
ngc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ngc »

Sabbunsingh wrote:Loads of people on ebay and Facebook make them.
What pic is the windbreaker that you refer to in?

I was referring to the air deflector. Sorry for my englishImage
Caddy 1.4 TSI - 131 HP
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Team heko ones

ngc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ngc »

Thanks mate!!!
Caddy 1.4 TSI - 131 HP
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

First mod of 2021 was to get these bad boys fitted. Lights make the front look so much meaner. Cannot wait to check the output in the dark. 35w osram cool blue intense bulbs with 35w ballast to match. I am crap at pics but here are a few.ImageImageImage

Last edited by Sabbunsingh on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Very nice, would love a set of these.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Awesome upgrade Sarb, looks great.
I bet you'll find a huge difference in light output.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Doc wrote:Awesome upgrade Sarb, looks great.
I bet you'll find a huge difference in light output.
Just been out for a drive.
I am over the moon with them.
Best mod for the caddy, worth every penny.

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi @Sabbunsingh
Truly stunning mate. Really wicked van
I'd love to do this mod sometime this year. I had been looking at just taking mine into Hazzydayz, but at £1850.00p + the dreaded, I just can't justify it it at that price, plus with theirs being the 25w versions, and not hearing good reports on that level of output, I've pied it off.

I see you have the 35w output, and you're really happy with it ?
Did you follow a 'how to' on here ? as I wasn't sure a MK4 was catered for ? perhaps I haven't read the thread correctly ? :roll: I'll look again, but still can't get my head around ~£2k for headlights :(
Did you pull together a parts list for this over time ?
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Ripley55 wrote:Hi @Sabbunsingh
Truly stunning mate. Really wicked van
I'd love to do this mod sometime this year. I had been looking at just taking mine into Hazzydayz, but at £1850.00p + the dreaded, I just can't justify it it at that price, plus with theirs being the 25w versions, and not hearing good reports on that level of output, I've pied it off.

I see you have the 35w output, and you're really happy with it ?
Did you follow a 'how to' on here ? as I wasn't sure a MK4 was catered for ? perhaps I haven't read the thread correctly ? :roll: I'll look again, but still can't get my head around ~£2k for headlights :(
Did you pull together a parts list for this over time ?
Price is abit heavy on these lights. This is how I got my bits and the order of getting them.

Passenger light was sourced second hand with no bulbs or ballast or led driver. £120
Brand new driver light from ebay for £210
Ballast second hand from ebay for £20 each
LED drivers again from ebay for around £50 each
35w d3s osram cool blue intense bulbs I got from amazon for £116 the pair.

Apparently hella have stopped selling lights to third party suppliers. Only ones available are the stock that are left in the stores. Unfortunately all passenger sides have been sold. Only available new from vw or tps.

Fitting and coding was straight forward. The "how to" write up on here is what I followed.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Caddy4 Xenon headlight conversion - Parts and coding

Last edited by Sabbunsingh on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Cheers mate
Appreciated :D
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Sag1
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Sag1 »

Look absolutely stunning Sarb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2106 Caddy Life 1.4 TSI | Wheelchair Driver | My Instagram
IainH91
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by IainH91 »

Good build!

Early in your build the footwell lights. White with the door and red while driving. I assume these are wired to the light switch:

White to blue/grey wire
Red to the dipped light wire (whatever Colour that is)

Thanks.