First Caddy Royal Blue

Show off your caddy
bobededog
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: First Caddy Royal Blue

Post by bobededog »

That will look the nuts with the colour coded bumpers.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Jayofmx
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jayofmx »

Cheers Bobededog, should have front bumper on during the week and back one painted soon 👌
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Post by Jayofmx »

Current stance, front bumper and grill put on over the weekend. What a difference a colour coded bumper does, love it. This stuff is addicting :lol:
Next is to get the rear bumper colour coded, side rail painted, and i'm really liking the look of the directionals, so keeping an eye out for a nice set of them.

E8OMB
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by E8OMB »

Great pictures vans looking good mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Post by Jayofmx »

A year this week i've been tipping away at mods, man this stuff is addictive 😅, people are lying when they say it's a money pit . Now what to do over the next year 🤔.

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

So much better without the chrome imo.
Looking good mate

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradoguy94 »

Looks lovely.part of me actually didn’t mind the rail covers in black as they worked with the other details. I might try them in black :D
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Post by Jayofmx »

@Gazza Cheers man, yes definitely, bought the van with the chrome and I wasn't a fan so it had to go, besides the side bars :D

@Corradoguy Yeah the rail cover didn't bother me too much not been painted but felt it would look a lot better matching.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hi Jayofmx,

Nice van, we might meet on the road some day. How did you get your van lowered, I cant find anyone to insure me if I lower it. Did you have any issues getting your coilovers through the CVRT?
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Post by Jayofmx »

Yeah man i'd be up for meeting up, I have a mechanic friend who done it for me. I haven't heard of anyone not getting insured because it's lowered before :? , in saying that my insurance don't know any mods done to mine. My CVRT is due in October so it hasn't been put through it yet since been lowered, but was told it will have no problems, I might just raise it up when putting it through. A friend has the same coilovers on his Golf and his passed.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Yea I've been calling insurance compinies and brokers and cant get insured, liberty were the only ones I made progress with but when I said I wanted the van for domestic and pleasure they wouldnt insure me, I think I'll call them again and let them know I need it for transporting tools also and see what happens. I've been speaking to a few others about lowering and they have taken the same approach as yourself, not saying anything.

For the CVRT I dont think its tbe coilovers they fail you on, it's the rear axle flip. From what I can make out you need to bring a TUV for the lowering kit to the test center and give it to the mechanic. The TUV is a certificate saying the kit meets EU road worthy standards. I've been meaning to call the CVRT center and see if this is the case, I'll let you know what they say.
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Post by Jayofmx »

Ah yes, I heard something about that, Yeah let me know what they say cheers 👍. I have a friend who works in my insurance company I told him that I will be using the van for travelling to work and transporting my Mountain bike at the weekend's and sorted out the policy from that.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Thanks for the info and I will let you know what CVRT Center says. Van looks real nice, really like this color to. Any other work planed for the van?
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Post by Jayofmx »

Oh not sure what do next, I plan to get a splitter for the front , not sure which one yet, possibly the TRD one. Also want to get the rear bumper sprayed, and would love a set of 19" Directionals. I'd be happy then for a couple months 🤣.
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan

Re: First Caddy Raven Blue

Post by Jayofmx »

Current stance of my motor, fogs from MCG Autostyling
fitted and splitter from http://www.vanpimps.co.uk fitted.
Hoping to pick up some different wheels and spray the side bars to black and fit a android system in the centre console.