Ollie’s Candy White

Show off your caddy
Guy94
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Thanks @Sarah I’m really pleased with them! Seem to insulate well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy94
200BHP+

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:51 pm

So I will have a few big interior changes coming in the load bay... ordered a bed system from the ply guys, lesisure battery/ split charge kit so I can power lights & a cooler etc. But for now I removed the suede a pillars,cleaned them up and painted with U-POL PlastiX. Much more of an OEM look and pretty happy how they turned out. A pig to refit tried for an hour yesterday with no joy and had another go this evening and got them in.

Also finalised some plans for trimming the Touran door cards. I wanted to steer clear of Tartan for the inserts and do something a little different. I toyed with the idea of tweed but after receiving some samples felt it may be a little difficult to maintain. I managed to source a supplier for Genuine Porsche Pepita Houndstooth fabric. I will have a gear gaiter made to match. The main body of the door card will be a mid grey which will match up with the lower half of the dash which I will also trim. And the top in charcoal Alcantara to match the top of the dash. But of a two tone theme, maybe a little marmite but I reckon will look good.

Guy94
200BHP+

Post by Guy94 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Took delivery of my Ply Guys bed system last night and test fitted it in the garden this afternoon. Impressed with the finish and slots together nice and tightly in all the places it should. Heavy duty sliding drawer and versatile bed that doubles up as a sofa - also concertinas to the rear of the van if ever I need more load space for day to day driving. Just need to work out how to safely tie it down in the van, probably some threaded inserts in the floor, some sort of bracket and M6 bolts

GreyLife
Caddy Fan

Post by GreyLife » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:45 pm

The camping bed system looks good. It's the kind of thing I have been planning to build for mine!

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

Guy94
200BHP+

Post by Guy94 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 pm

@Greylife Yes I am reasonably impressed. Just waiting on some fixings to arrive in the post and I’ll share some photos of it in the van. I really just wanted something minimal as this is my daily too!

Guy94
200BHP+

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:09 pm

A few interior updates, didn’t get many decent photos but last weekend sound deadened the floor using silent coat and dodo 6mm liner in the load bay. Then a 12mm plywood floor and finally some oak effect luxury vinyl flooring. I did glue down the edges around the doors as I didn’t want it lifting.

For the bed system for piece of mind I wanted to secure it to the floor. I chose to do this using threaded inserts, the factory M6 lashing point bolts & cast aluminium brackets.

I will get some nice photos often bed system secured in place tomorrow if it’s dry.

I am going to be installing a leisure battery in the passenger footwell so as I’ve got to remove the passenger seato make life easier, I decided to remove the drivers too, removed the rear carpet and used up some left over sound deadening.