Ollie’s Candy White

Show off your caddy
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

Thanks @Sarah I’m really pleased with them! Seem to insulate well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

So I will have a few big interior changes coming in the load bay... ordered a bed system from the ply guys, lesisure battery/ split charge kit so I can power lights & a cooler etc. But for now I removed the suede a pillars,cleaned them up and painted with U-POL PlastiX. Much more of an OEM look and pretty happy how they turned out. A pig to refit tried for an hour yesterday with no joy and had another go this evening and got them in.

Also finalised some plans for trimming the Touran door cards. I wanted to steer clear of Tartan for the inserts and do something a little different. I toyed with the idea of tweed but after receiving some samples felt it may be a little difficult to maintain. I managed to source a supplier for Genuine Porsche Pepita Houndstooth fabric. I will have a gear gaiter made to match. The main body of the door card will be a mid grey which will match up with the lower half of the dash which I will also trim. And the top in charcoal Alcantara to match the top of the dash. But of a two tone theme, maybe a little marmite but I reckon will look good.

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Took delivery of my Ply Guys bed system last night and test fitted it in the garden this afternoon. Impressed with the finish and slots together nice and tightly in all the places it should. Heavy duty sliding drawer and versatile bed that doubles up as a sofa - also concertinas to the rear of the van if ever I need more load space for day to day driving. Just need to work out how to safely tie it down in the van, probably some threaded inserts in the floor, some sort of bracket and M6 bolts

GreyLife
Caddy Fan

Post by GreyLife »

The camping bed system looks good. It's the kind of thing I have been planning to build for mine!

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

@Greylife Yes I am reasonably impressed. Just waiting on some fixings to arrive in the post and I’ll share some photos of it in the van. I really just wanted something minimal as this is my daily too!

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

A few interior updates, didn’t get many decent photos but last weekend sound deadened the floor using silent coat and dodo 6mm liner in the load bay. Then a 12mm plywood floor and finally some oak effect luxury vinyl flooring. I did glue down the edges around the doors as I didn’t want it lifting.

For the bed system for piece of mind I wanted to secure it to the floor. I chose to do this using threaded inserts, the factory M6 lashing point bolts & cast aluminium brackets.

I am going to be installing a leisure battery in the passenger footwell so as I’ve got to remove the passenger seato make life easier, I decided to remove the drivers too, removed the rear carpet and used up some left over sound deadening.

Last edited by Guy94 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Leisure battery installed. Switchboard to wire up tomorrow, along with fuse box and some cable management. I have very limited knowledge about wiring but did the best I could.

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

Forgot to upload my updates, apologies for the poor photos.

Switch panel wired up, and cable management in place. I went to the trouble of rooting additional wires for lighting etc for when I get round to it.

And the bed system is in place. Can’t wait to go on some adventures, and will be perfect for festival season next year as I can’t hack sleeping in a tent anymore.

It’s versatile enough for me - this is the preset position for day to day driving.

If I need the load length but not the height for trips to the timber merchants I can just fold it out flat and use it as a raised floor. If I need the full van space it can be totally removed quickly by removing the 4 M6 bolts. Handy drawer on heavy duty runners too.

Also makes a nice couch to soak up any views on any various adventures to be had.

Next job will be replacing the roof lining with tongue & groove and wire up some lighting

themtbphysio
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by themtbphysio »

@Guy94 - why Ollie, with these build posts you really are spoiling us....

Van's a cracker bud - and that Ply Guys bed 8)
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

@themtbphysio haha cheers buddy, it’s alright for a daily beater

It’s a nice bit of kit, having said that I think next time I’ll have a crack making my own

themtbphysio
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by themtbphysio »

Been on to Swell Shades and they're firing out some material samples tomorrow. This forum messes with a build plan!
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

@themtbphysio you will not be disappointed!! One of my favourite (and functional) mods to date that is the only downside, damage to the wallet

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Small update today... anyone who’s van has seen a lot of action, trade van etc etc will appreciate how battered the rear door threshold is Image I had an idea a while back to raptor paint all the thresholds. I bought a cheap truck bed paint to test if I actually liked the look of it and I really do.

As already mentioned the rear threshold was battered so instead of spending hours filling and sanding which seemed pointless, I gave it a good clean with a grey scotch pad, sanded with 120 to try smooth out some of the deep scratches,followed by more scotch pad action. Degreased it, t
wo coats of adhesion promotor followed by two light coats of truck bed liner and a final dust coating. Will get a photo of it fitted tomorrow. Being only 1k paint I’m not sure of it’s longevity but time will tell. Overall it turns out you can definitely polish a turd as it looks much tidier now.

ImageImage

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Fitted. Image

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

hi mate van is coming on a treat love the banded steel wheels never thought of using truck bed liner that trim good idea