Sols White MK4

Show off your caddy
SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Sols White MK4

Post by SolDot »

Hello Guys and Girls,

I have thought about starting this thread for a while , but as my Caddy is still very standard and a slow work in progress i digressed from doing so. Now I think its time to slowly start working on the Caddy.

I have recently started my own company as a courier and the Caddy was the first choice of car. Since owning the Caddy and joining this forum and great community my interest in making some quality of life changes but also some that are pleasing for the eye has only grown. I think my current van is a great base for a project simular to ones seen on the forum.

With this thread I will keep everyone update on the build ( which will be a very slow process ) I will also post pictures of the Caddy in places that I visit for work.

I hope everyone finds this interesting. Any suggestions feel free to let me know.

My Caddy is a 66 plate Mk4 in white. Engine wise we looking at a ULEZ compliant , C20 2.0 ( forgive me if I am wrong here could be 1.9) TDI bluemotion. After the van will retire as a work vehicle I have plans to change this into something more special.

Due to me currently living with a mates to save money and start the business ( which has been very succesfull up till now ) it will be a bit of a slower build but hopefully none the less interesting for yourselves to follow.

Plans with the car.

* Keep plastic bumpers
* Lower the van
* Banded 17 inch steelies
* Interior changes
- Seats
- Bulkhead
- Highline parts
- MFS Steering wheel
- Fully carpet lined
* roof rack
* Thule Box
* Caddy Life Mirrors ( plasticdip the colored parts for a more startline look )

As I was born in the Netherlands and grew up around my dads cars I really developed a love for euro style cars and tuning. This will probably also reflect into the plans with the Caddy.

The first changes that i'm in the process of making are interior. As I am a tall guy , and also love my food the standard caddy seats have proven very uncomfortable. I have tried Mid Line seats but these have not improved it for me. When I get time this week I will pick up a pair of Scirocco seats to see how that improves comfort for me in the car. I will keep you all updated with the project.
Last edited by SolDot on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Sols White MK4

Post by SolDot »

The Caddy when I bought it in July.

Last edited by SolDot on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SolDot »

Forum stickers added

Last edited by SolDot on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SolDot »

Dinner break in Brighton after a job.

SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Sols White MK4 "Candy"

Post by SolDot »

Picked a pair of seat bases up from the breakers. In very good nik , they need a good clean. Scirocco seats will be fitted today !Image

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

SolDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Sols White MK4 "Candy"

Post by SolDot »

Scirocco seats are now in.Image

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk