64 Caddy Maxi Build

Show off your caddy
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

64 Caddy Maxi Build

Post by Mwcaddy »

So I've bought a 64 plate caddy maxi that I intend to turn into one of them "cool caddy" vans with a bit of style. Its currently standard white 64 plate highline spec so not much going on inside apart from a radio, outside it has body coloured bumpers and sensors so thats a bonus. I plan on kitting it out so I can use it at weekends to go away with the wife and the dogs for camping etc but need it to look the business as a daily as well. Any advice/photos of builds would be greatly appreciated. Also electrical tips for the interior to get lights etc in the back would be awesome! Anyone with a part number or link to where I can get some NORMAL wing mirrors could they fire them over. The different size mirrors is trippy and I'd rather get the Touran ones that I believe also fit?

Anyway please feel free to help out as much or as little and share any tips/sites you guys have. Will get photos uploaded asap and keep this updated with progress as I go.

Cheers for checking this out!

Michael
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 64 Caddy Maxi Build

Post by Mwcaddy »

So here she is, first and last look as her basic self!
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

Straight in with a few mods, badges removed, led day time lights and reg bulbs, and mud flaps
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

Carpeted the back temporarily until we've got electrics etc done then will put some new stuff down..
Greg The Great
100BHP+

Post by Greg The Great »

Do you get any errors with the led bulbs?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

Greg The Great wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:27 pm Do you get any errors with the led bulbs?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
Yeah I've got an issue with the front left led daytime light. The number plate led's required coding but I've got access to a vag cable and a tech who kinda knows his stuff. Just had to tell the car it had led bulbs for the number plate. But I can't get the front left warning light to go off..
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

Small things just now, after Christmas the real graft starts! Red stripe to match the gti on the driveway! Image
MCO1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by MCO1 »

Hi
Where did you get the ride stripe from?
Thanks
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

MCO1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:56 am Hi
Where did you get the ride stripe from?
Thanks
It's a door edge guard I bought off amazon. Its "edge trim red large u" and you get different heights/thickness etc. I've then just superglued it on to the roof of the grill but this stuff has been on my golf gti lower splitter for about 6 months now and it hasn't faded or worn even slightly so it's good stuff!
Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

Added a front splitter and engine cover this week. Red line added to splitter to match grill