Nunu the ex gas camper

Show off your caddy
simmo993
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Nunu the ex gas camper

Post by simmo993 »

Ashhey wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:18 pm Looking good dude, I bought an ex bg van a few weeks ago and looking to achieve something similar. I was thinking of a similar layout although I’m only 5’8 so don’t need a bed as long as that haha, was thinking of using the end of the bed for extra storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The end locker in mine if 25cm deep just use it to hide all the electrics and all the ducting for the heater, but it would be good as storage if a little bigger and think if i took the bulk head out it would add more space at that end too for a bigger cupboard too :)
1.6tdi remapped to 148BPH, Ex-British gas, camper converted.
simmo993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by simmo993 »

Little treat picked up today....now to strip, refurb and decide on colour, 1 colour or to highlight the inner of the spokes blue to match the van..? Image vw centres on route so should look better!

Anyone know a good way to get tyres off at home? ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Have a look at my thread on my blackberry.....i refurbed a cheap set of wheels with plastidip from matt-Pak for £40 and they look really good.
I figured that I'd have a cheap experiment on colour, but honestly, I'm leaving them now as they are exactly shat I wanted! Easy to do, no tyres off, an unbelievable finish, considering I did next to no prep, only cleaning, and seem durable enough! It looks like a High end powdercoat!
simmo993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by simmo993 »

They look amazing! Love that bronze colour! Never looked at plastidip before even more choices now! Haha!

And that matt pak website has videos, I'm not getting at work done this morning now!

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Ha! The Good thing is, if you don't like it after a while, peel it off and do em again! Some people don't even take the wheels off the blimmin van!! :lol:
Ashhey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ashhey »

simmo993 wrote: think if i took the bulk head out it would add more space at that end too for a bigger cupboard too :)
Yeah the bulkhead was already removed when I bought mine, seems to add a decent bit of extra space. I was considering building a unit at the end of the bed which is the full height of the van, behind the passenger seat. That way the storage can be accessed from inside and from outside via the sliding door.

simmo993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by simmo993 »

Ashhey wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:26 pm I was considering building a unit at the end of the bed which is the full height of the van, behind the passenger seat. That way the storage can be accessed from inside and from outside via the sliding door.
Sounds like a good idea, i did that under the bed on the drivers side sliding door side, hide the zig unit and the 240v hook up in there and then normally all my camping bits get hidden there :) Sounds like some great ideas cant wait to see yours when its done! :)
Ashhey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ashhey »

I’ll defo be posting up some pictures once I get it underway. Just need to get all my auxiliary electrics wired in before I carpet and start building the units.

simmo993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by simmo993 »

Sounds good mate! Look forward to seeing it!

I found there is loads of existing loom that can just cable tie onto round the back which made it a lot neater for me :-) (bit of a neat freak with cables Haha!)

simmo993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by simmo993 »

Been a while, busy with work but then lock down allowed for a bit of upgrading!

Alloys painted and new tyres bought for correct rating.

Steels refurbished for next winter and the van given a full valet!

Blue caliper paint should be arriving this week to finish it all off! :)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage