caddy pd130 6 speed build thread

Show off your caddy
MrT0398
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: caddy pd130 6 speed build thread

Post by MrT0398 »

Thankyou, are you aware if the idle switch, and the brake and clutch switched require connecting up too?
My original thoughts were they were used just for cruise control functions, but further reading suggests they may reduce engine power if not connected as the ecu may think the brake or clutch is depressed.
Fran9r
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Fran9r »

MrT0398 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 pm Thankyou, are you aware if the idle switch, and the brake and clutch switched require connecting up too?
My original thoughts were they were used just for cruise control functions, but further reading suggests they may reduce engine power if not connected as the ecu may think the brake or clutch is depressed.
Hi, did you get this sorted?

I have a Caddy to convert from BLS to ARL but would prefer to keep the EDC15 -both for the ease of mapping, and also multimaps.

Very interested to know if you have worked out the gremlins of repinning to retain the EDC15.
Fran9r
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Fran9r »

Hcg123 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:10 pm hello to people of the internet

ive started a new project and thought i might do a build thread for a change.

so i geuss i better start at the beginning.........

i had a vw t25 panel van that i had been building for a good 6 months. the plan was to put a pd130 engine in it with a flipped passat box. im quite handy with fabrication and electrics. i managed to pick up the cleanest complete (turbo, loom, the lot) engine from ebay for only 200 quid!. the engine came from a university where they had it running on a bench to teach students about engines, its had 500 hours of use and they tell be its never been hammered. the turbo looks new, oil was perfect. after taking the cam cover off and realising i could eat my dinner off this lump i started to reconsider my choices on putting it in the t25. i need a new van for work soon and the t25 is no more than a weekend toy.

heres the lump as i picked it up

stuck the t25 on ebay and started looking for a clean shelled caddy with a knackered engine. stroke of luck came up and there was a decent shell just round the corner from me. with a shot gearbox and also a bit smokey full service history. new brakes and suspension. relatively clean and only one dent in rear door. inside is also carpeted and never been used as a builders van

here she is
and in her space

so work began last weekend to strip the engine down and label everything up. i was amazed at how easily it all came apart. i took the whole front end off in one piece, just uncliped all hoses ect and undon slam pannel and the lot came off

ive actualy taken this engine completely out now and it is defiantly fit for the bin. turbo is shot, gearbox shot, dmf isnt too happy

the original plan was to follow darkside developments thread on fitting a pd engine to the caddy but there were a few problems i had with this.
firstly i didn't want to spend a fortune on a new main oil seal some sensors and the tool to fit the seal totalling around £300. secondly the turbo actuator runs differently and i didn't want to buy another turbo when this one is pretty much brand new. thirdly if you say to most tuners can you transfer edc15 maps (which the pd130 runs on) to a edc16 (caddy) file they will tell you it cant be done or moan about it. after disusing this with a few guys i realise that not many people can do it and even if they could it would probably run like s#!t. my final problem was when i messaged darksides about it asking for a remote map so i could use my tuning cables and put one of there maps on and they told me i had to buy a box off them to write there files and then pay for the file afterwards. this is a absolute con as the box to write to the ecu is 250 quid and then shipping on top where as i can write a pd130 edc15 ecu with a 10 quid mpps cable and a 45 quid blacksmokes map if i wanted. (both of which i have at my disposal for free)

so with all of the ubove taken in to consideration ive decided to de-immobilise the pd130 ecu and splice the pd130 and the caddy engine loom together, keeping caddy bits that dont need removing and just having all sensor and controller wires from the pd130. ive done most of the hard work on this and managed to find a ecu pinout and labeled every wire on the back of the pd130 ecu and cutting the ones off i dont need. i dont se why this shouldn't work and im pretty good with that sort of thing but im open to opinions, will take some more piccys of wiring later

started assembling the gearbox with new clutch and dmf to suit 6 peed box. it looks as if the engine is resting on the oil cooler but i left one of the engine mounts from the uni on it just to keep it propped up while i tinkered

on to the gearbox....
i had a right steal with this. picked up a 120 quid 02m 6 speed box from the scrappy. looks mega clean and sounds smooth and i may be mistaken but im pretty sure it has a LSD in it when you turn the outputs they both turn the same way???. ive also re-drilled the shift arm to make it a short shift. not fussed about the lefty righty, just did the forward and backwards. orderd 2 brand new 6 speed driveshafts and im going to have to mate them to the caddy outer cvs if im not mistaken but we shall cross that hurdle in a few days time

ohh and i nearly forgot about my new favourte toy

more to follow in the next few days
I'm looking to do the same -any tips on hoe? Are the gremlins worked out?
Projectil_CZ
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Projectil_CZ »

Hell, what is “gremmlin”? Difficulty translate this in to Czech
ChrisS2
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ChrisS2 »

I'm just finishing up my Caddy ARL conversion but also have the 1400rpm high idle. Did anyone get anywhere with this fault?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Which ECU are you using?
Do you have any fault codes?
Is your pedal position input returning to zero in the ECU?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ChrisS2
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ChrisS2 »

I’m on the pd150 EDC15 Ecu.

No fault codes, I’ll check the pedal tomorrow but it makes no difference to idle when unplugged either.
ChrisS2
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ChrisS2 »

Pedal is at 6.7 % at idle
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd expect this is your problem.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ChrisS2
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ChrisS2 »

I’ll wire in the PD150 pedal and see what that reads