Caddy K1 conversion

Show off your caddy
Brian383
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Caddy K1 conversion

Post by Brian383 »

Well thought I'd through this up bought this 11 plate caddy 1.6tdi an then was offered this seat leon cupra k1 damaged an decided to try an make a stage 2+ tfsi caddy. So drove the van onto the ramp on Wednesday at 3pm an pulled it apart full running gear full interior an wiring loom.
Before

After lol

Last edited by Brian383 on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Re: Caddy K1 conversion

Post by Brian383 »

Then today I put the dual climate control an ac unit in to the dash along with the cupra power steering rack, abs pump, fuel pump in the tank then started with the loom set it all in the engine bay is done just need to set the running gear in handy enough so thought I'll get as much of the wiring done as I can.
Managed to get the following done
Abs, headlights, taillights, number plate lights, full dual clumate an heater fan working, indicators, wipers an interior lights. Next to do is to put some resisters in the air bags that are no longer there an get it to run every thing should be ok as i had it running on the floor๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I have some videos but waiting on them loading to photobucket there short I'd but for some reason taking ages to load.
If yous are on Instagram I've some up there (username japstuff) feel free to have a look
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

Some more pic of the bits I got for the build

Grifnut
100BHP+

Post by Grifnut »

Looks like a great project looking forward to seeing the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timw144
Caddy Fan

Post by Timw144 »

This is going to be savage!

I used to lust after the K1 when i had a Mk5 golf. whilst then engine is out and pre swap i highly recommend doing the runner flap delete for an awesome sounding and performing motor and to clean out the valves of carbon! and a Diverter valve and fuel pump camp follower replace as a piece of mind servicing piece.
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

I've done the flap delete, hpfp follower an cleaned the inlet manifold an intake valves they werent that bad tbh along with cam timming chain an tensioner
Timming belt an waterpump
Vis Ballance shaft delete
Vis hpfp internals
Oil pump chain tensioner
Cleaned the lift pipe to.
Also got the running gear all in an buttoned up along with the K1 front brakes an bc coilovers not a big lot left to do fit the fuel tank, exhaust, intercooler pipe work, wire the door locks an fit the dash back in. Then get someone to code the new clocks I got๐Ÿ™„

Timw144
Caddy Fan

Post by Timw144 »

She is going to be a monster! excited to see this finished!

Are you getting the S3 cooler for it or a custom front mount
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

I can't wait myself should be a good differance in my blue van it has a Mk5 gti swap with fmic, downpipe, indication kit it's good fun but this one should be a big differance ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Going to do a welly cooler an my own custom pipe work
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

That's it running now just a couple a small jobs to do

Ash1987
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Ash1987 »

Looks great bud, be good to see a little video of her running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

Just tried to upload another video there an same thing say videos may take some time to show up ๐Ÿค”.
Anyway got the electric windows, central locking an all the dash lights out apart from the airbag as I need to get the airbag crash data reset from the cupra.
Maby get it a we drive tomorrow see what its saying
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

At last near finished need a 3 Inch silencer in the exhaust now stright pipe mot for me lol

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Good work, fair play.
That's not taken you very long at all and looks tidy.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Brian383
Caddy Fan

Post by Brian383 »

Thanks very much bud well pleased with it an the differance in good coilovers compared to the cheaper ebay ones ๐Ÿ˜. Just need to stack the miles on it now to bed this clutch in then map time. Is there a radio an heater controlls cover that I can buf that will fit with the dual climate as the touran one is different so I peiced the 2 together for the mean time
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There's about 12 different versions of the stereo surround depending on stereo and climate panel configuration.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort