Viper Green Caddy

Show off your caddy
Viper Daddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Viper Green Caddy

Post by Viper Daddy »

Thought I'd jump on this post as I'm about to get a maxi kombi in viper Green. How have the seat covers held up and were they easy enough to fit? Do they just fit over the standard seats with the original covers on them.

Look forward to seeing what else you end up doing.
Danlong10
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Danlong10 »

[mention]Viper Daddy [/mention] not seen a maxi in viper green, bet it will look sweet though.

Seat covers have been great, mine were a bit tricky to fit, mainly because I still had my bulkhead in. And yes mate, straight in over the original seats.

Hopefully I get some more pics up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Viper Daddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Viper Daddy »

That's great that they just fit over the top. I had a look on the gte page and unfortunately they only do the green stitched ones that you have fitted for the front seats, so I'd need to look at getting just black ones for the 5 seats. Do you know if they are suitable for heated seats as my caddy has got the winter pack fitted which I'm really happy with.

I think it's a great colour, the wif isn't convinced but hopefully she'll warm to it. We had looked at maxi life's but don't really need the extra seats and I'd rather more load space for trips away and paddleboards etc. It's completely standard at the moment so not the best looking but hopefully that'll change in a few months.

I think yours is looking pretty smart from what I've seen so far, look forward to seeing the progress and posting mine as and when I get started.
jackel
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by jackel »

Lovely van and good choice on lowering kit :)
Danlong10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Danlong10 »

[mention]Viper Daddy [/mention] I'm sure the wife will warm to it, definitely makes the van stand out, and always easy to find in a busy car park

Not sure about compatibility with heated seats, I'm sure it would be fine though, maybe sent them an email and see what they say.

Yeah looking forward to mine being lowered on Tuesday, need to sort out caddy life mirrors and edition 30 side mouldings then, just a shame the TPS near me won't sell to the public.

Make sure you get a build thread done, looking forward to seeing it.

Danlong10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Danlong10 »

[mention]jackel [/mention] cheers mate, didn't end up with the bilstein kit in the end, the garage couldn't get hold of one until January. I would say what I've got going on it now but can't remember the name

stagro1
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stagro1 »

Nice pictures here. :)

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 8T pomocí Tapatalk

Danlong10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Danlong10 »

Van had the coilovers and flip kit fitted, ended up with AP fronts, and the. Bilstein rear struts.
Van feels planted round the back roads now. Still sat quite high as I didn't want to go super low to start with as I was worried about all the back lanes I drive on.

Question is, do I risk it and go lower.

I'm also wanting to change my bumper inserts, have people been buying gloss black ones or painting/wrapping there current ones?

Craftybutcher
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Craftybutcher »

Hi ive just bought my first caddy in viper green it was a toss up between that and nardo grey but glad i chose the green now really pops in the sun!
Im also looking at the gloss black grills and trims did you manage to source any? or anyone got links to where i can get them? ive gots lots of work ahead of me with insulating and sound deadening the rear ,wheels ,suspension im sure the list will go on and on! lol.
The tent is perfect as well as this is what sold it to the misses that we can have breaks away thanks for the thread.
Last edited by Doc on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Macdemaclemac
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Macdemaclemac »

Stunning colour, Just got myself a Maxi in Viper Green
Macdemaclemac
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Macdemaclemac »

This seat covers are sick. Ill have to have a look at GTE.
Danlong10 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:02 pm Just ordered some GTE Custom van seat covers for when I pick the caddy up, which will hopefully be this week.

Gone for the Hex R with green stitching, anyone got any tips for fitting?

I was originally gonna swap the seats out all together, something I will end up doing in the future, but wanted a fast fix.

Danlong10
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Danlong10 »

Macdemaclemac wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:26 am This seat covers are sick. Ill have to have a look at GTE.
The seats covers were very good mate. I sold that van last summer, and regretted it almost instantly, on the lookout for another caddy if anyone’s got one going.