Thanks, I'll go buy it tomorrow, but I also take it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0paAC ... =emb_title

5M0 955 985 C
Sag1
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Caddy 1.4tsi WAV Build

Post by Sag1 »

With the car booked into the bodyshop I got some of these magnetic number plate mounts for the front.
No need for holes or sticky pads

Also picked up some upgraded headlamp bulbs from Autobeam on Black Friday.

LED H4’s & side lights. Some before, during and afters below.

No errors yet but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time from reading others experiences.

Hopefully a few more updates this coming week. I’ve written my Christmas list to Santa early this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2106 Caddy Life 1.4 TSI | Wheelchair Driver | My Instagram
Was
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Was »

First of all i love your sirius caddy upgrades, i have a question.. do you think you might need a steering ball attached to your set up ? as i have just the push pull set up and found that going down hill to a roundabout and taking the last turn off in moving traffic , having to steer round the roundabout while excellerating and then breaking it was ok until i tried it without the ball and ran out of steering wheel turn on the same roundabout.. I was thinking of the same upgrade and wondered how easy it is with your set up, also after seeing your scuttle panel plus and wiper caps, i checked mine which were missing and discovered the leaves were a reason the carpet kept getting wet, yours are upside down by the way... thanks for the posting, i now have a dry floor... my caddy gave me so much road noise from the back i thought the tailgate was open or not sealing properly, could hear the rain road noise.. i did used silent coat over the arches and inside all the doors and some under the wheel arches to stop viberation and then put the 5mm Dodo mat over the top in most places and filled any door void with a sound proof fleece.. that exhaust drone has gone, its really quiet, i was surprised.. the doors have lost that boingy sound and when tapping the outside panel it sounds like a much more expensive car.. you feel much more safer when driving it.. around £250 made a different vehicle , i took pictures if you interested.. ive a 2016 Sirius 1.4tsi driver transfer... ps the tray under the engine which vw do not surply was around £59 and it does keep the dirt off the engine, all the fittings are already there.. thanks again for for input..warren
Sag1
100BHP+

Post by Sag1 »

Hi mate. Thanks for your message!

I have tried a steering wheel ball in the past but it hasn't suited me or my controls. As my accelerator is mounted to the steering wheel, I always have my hand/hands on the wheel so find it easy enough to control. I did use the push/pull controls on their demo caddy and it scared the life out of me to be honest!

Ahh I'm so glad someone else has know the pain of the awful road noise and lack of carpet/insulation. It sounds like you've nailed the proofing. I'd love to have a look at some pictures to see if it is something I could do!

Speak soon :D
Sag1
100BHP+

Post by Sag1 »

Got my new wheels on earlier in the week. Rotiform CVT's 8.5x19 ET45 with Uniroyal RainSport 5 tyres 235/35/19.
Purchased and fitted by the fantastic guys at TransporterHQ.

It now sits embarrassingly high so I am doing the rounds trying to get it dropped. With the mess of a setup at the back most people don't want to touch it but I do know I can get it on Hydraulics so that's an option.

As an indication of how badly the back end has been chopped up, with my new wheels on the NS sliding door opens up with no issues however the OS door fouls the rim so can't get it open more than half way. Luckily for me the doors on this side never get used.
Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

Perhaps your rear suspension has been removed to do all the conversion work and then reassembled on the lift with the wheels up in the air. This happens quite often when people lowering the vans. It worth slackening up all the rear suspension bolts and tightening them up with a fully loaded suspension, i.e full van weight is on the wheels. It may fix your issue. You'll need to find a garage with a pit or 4 post lift.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Sag1
100BHP+

Post by Sag1 »

That’s a very good point and very probable too.

Thanks for the input & advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sag1
100BHP+

Post by Sag1 »

Got the Caddy back from the bodyshop last weekend. Managed to get most of the work done but I had to get it back early for a couple of weeks due to work commitments.

Quick list of what got done:

- Repaired damage to rear quarter and tailgate.
- New Touran R hybrid front bumper & gloss black grill.
- Frame-off magnetic number plate mount fitted.
- Alltrack side skirts.
- Edition30 side strips.
- Alltrack arches.

New 16” Plates from Titan Plates

Rear Quarter

All back together

It should be going back in next month to get finished and fit the Touran R rear bumper and tidy up some other small bits.

One issue I do have is the alltrack arches meeting the new front bumper.

Thinking of buying another set for the front and chopping them up to fill the gap to the splitter. I’m certain I have the same issue at the back.
Not sure what other options I have but will figure something out with the bodyshop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Hello @Sag1
Did you resolve the issue with the arches mate ? 😃
I’ve ordered the Maxi set from RGM Automotive, and now wondering if I’m going to need extra bits to extend fully ? 🤔
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

I'm pretty sure Sag1 fitted OEM arches and they designed to work with OEM front splitter. Yours will be a full length ones.
Sag1
100BHP+

Post by Sag1 »

Not yet mate.

As Giddy said, mine are OEM Alltrack arches and aren't designed to work this bumper.
The one's you have are a lot longer and should reach the bottom of the bumper with no issues.....starting to wish I'd gone down the same route tbh.

Best of luck.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

Cheers @Sag1 and @Giddy
I thought that was the case, I should have been clearer, I'd read your post mate, and saw Touran R hybrid, but now reading again seen it was the front :D it was the rear end I was thinking about. :roll:

I have the Touran R rear Hybrid bumper :D and wondered if my RGM ones were going to be long enough :oops:
Anyway, still waiting for them to arrive, there's been a hiccup with supplies to them, and they think that they'll be posted out to me next Tuesday, so it's going to be after Easter before, I can get mine in for the work.

If they don't fit fully when I get them next week, at least I'll have a shot at asking RGM if they could sell me some extra rear pieces ??
Attachments
B6.jpg
B5.jpg
B2.jpg
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Sag1
100BHP+

Post by Sag1 »

Ahh yes. We have the same rear bumper and the OEM arches are too short for this too :lol:

Fingers crossed yours work out but as you said, may be worth asking if they can source some spares once you've tried them.

I think that is what I'll be doing with mine too and getting the bodyshop to rebuild the front and rear sections from 2 arches.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

Sounds like a Plan 8)
Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

@Ripley Lengthwise you should be fine, RGM ones wrap around the rear bumper almost to the far bottom edge. You may need to straighten/reshape them to match your custom bumper shape, though.