Show off your caddy
Cabbs
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Doing some stuff...

Post by Cabbs »

[mention]TheChippy [/mention]

Hi Mate.
When fitting your touran centre console I was just wondering did you use the front half of the console. The bit that sits around the gear stick with the coin tray in? Does it fit up to the caddy dash?

Cheers pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheChippy
Caddy Fan

Re: Doing some stuff...

Post by TheChippy »

[mention]Cabbs [/mention]

Yes I used the lot. The front section has the different ashtray in it too which is much neater than the Caddy one. It all fitted together fine and meets up with the dash as per the caddy one. There are a fixing or two which don't line up but the fixings that you use make it sturdy. It all seems a bit flimsy as you're fitting it, but once it's all together and fixed in, it solidifies it.

The arm-rest end needs modifying to fit around the van floor though. I used tape to mark it and measure it, then a multitool to cut it around it. Not sure what others have done but I left a 10mm gap as having it rubbing against the metal could create a squeak which would drive me (OOOh look at me, I can curse) nuts! :evil: :lol:

I've just received the new Touran dash to go in, which as a hobbiest and knowing nothing about doing this stuff should be fun... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Post by Cabbs »

[mention]TheChippy [/mention]

Thanks for your reply mate. The floor has already gone mate as I’ve fitted the rear seats so I’ll be ok with the back end. Unfortunately the console didn’t have the front section around the gearstick along with any fitting bolts screws and clips needed so it’s off to Vw for them. Am I right in assuming the caddy gearstick surround will work with the Touran console? But all in all I got a bargain at £25. The cup holder and vents along with the ratchet armrest are in mint working order. Haha.

Oh I also need the left shaped pocket under the armrest. Happy hunting as I imagine it won’t come cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheChippy
Caddy Fan

Post by TheChippy »

No worries, I'm a total noob here and am a carpenter so have little to no knowledge of what I'm doing lol! Nice work finding it for £25!! Mine was £100 but did come in great condition and complete.

I found an advert on eBay for a set of seats and door cards so contact the bloke and ended buying half the Touran...! Carpets, door cards, seats, bases, centre console and dashboard :lol:
He's brilliant though as he includes absolutely everything, nuts, bolts, washers, clips, covers etc so it makes it so much easier and complete, that way I can shut the door knowing that everything is done!

The gearstick surround is indeed the same shape so just clips back in again. I've just ordered the full suede set of trims from retro re-trims. Comes with the ratchet lid cover, gearstick gaitor, handbrake cover, A and B pillars all in suede with colour coded stitching so looking forward to receiving all that and getting it fitted.

I've also just received the dash board and ready to use my aforementioned (lack of) skill set, getting myself in a huff when I don't know what I'm doing :lol:

Just waiting for an email from Doc to let me know what he can do with an engine swap whilst I'm in full flow :D