My ex BG Caddy Maxi new member

Show off your caddy
Briskham
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

My ex BG Caddy Maxi new member

Post by Briskham »

Hi my name is Jordan and i'm based in Swansea, South Wales. I am a machinist by trade and i currently work as as an instructor in a college.

I have just joined the forum after buying an ex BG Caddy Maxi 1.6tdi.

i have been having a look at what upgrades and modifications i can make and i am excited to get started.

The van has already had some work done before i received it such as a rear seat conversion, carpeting and insulation and has had privacy glass panels cut into the side doors.

The plan is for me to get the bumpers colour coded, add some alloy wheels, add cruise control, trip computer and a new bluetooth stereo. I finally want to add removable bed so i can use the van for staying in when i go surfing away.

Id love to hear from some of you on what you have done with your vans and give me any advice or ideas on what modules etc i need to add in for cruise/trip computer.

Cheers!ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lewd13894
Caddy Fan

Re: My ex BG Caddy Maxi new member

Post by lewd13894 »

I've got the same ideas as you, really miss cruise control nice little vans though. My plan is interior work like yours has had then exterior; alloys, coilovers and stuff. Interested to see how yours turns out

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Yorkshirelad1
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yorkshirelad1 »

how you getting on with this mate looked good already :D
Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Cheers man! Well I work for a college instructing students in the engineering department, so i am lucky enough to have access to the body repair workshops. Obviously things are still closed at the moment due to coronavirus, but i have spoken to a friend of mine who teaches in the department and he has said that he will take the texture off my bumpers, door strips and mirror covers and colour code them for me.. to have been keeping an eye out for a nice set of 18's for it and a cruise control stalk and module so i can use the trip computer. I have ordered a stereo fascia so i can put my radio in from my last car. If you know anyone selling any bits let me know!

Last edited by dan@biali on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Finally got around to building my bed frame as im off work for a while and hoping to get some travelling in. I needed it to be collapsible and easy to store so i made it with no fixings just interlocking joints. I have the pieces cut out ready for the top but i think thats a job for tomorrow.

While i was measuring out inside last week i closed the barn doors with me inside, only to find out that caddy mk3's dont come with the internal handle as standardImage. I got straight on the phone to TPS and ordered the kit and fitted that Monday. Had a nightmare trying to get the trim to clip on around the handle due to the extra thickness from my carpet and ended up breaking a clip, ended up glueing it on but you can't tell in the end.

Handle cost me 47 quid which was rather upsetting but not as upsetting as climbing out through the side door everytime i need the toilet while camping.ImageImageImageImageImage

Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradoguy94 »

That looks VERY tidy. I look forward to seeing the continued progress with the bed and colour coding 😊
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.
Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Corradoguy94 wrote:That looks VERY tidy. I look forward to seeing the continued progress with the bed and colour coding Image
Thanks mate! Pleased with how it has turned out to be fair, just a bit of tidying up now and ill be ready to go with it. Will update once the tops on and it is complete Image

Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Top done today, everything fits in nice, but you have to be built like eddie hall to lift the top in alone.. was a struggle but i got there. May make a mk2 and do some weight savingImageImageImageImage

chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Looking tidy You've done especially well on the bed! That looks spot on.. Maybe you could cut out some slots to reduce the weight.. I've got circa 90mm gaps between slats and a 4inch foam mattress and it's fine.. Also read that solid base beds can be prone to mould under the matress so some slots would help get air to it anyway.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sean1066
Hyper Poster

Post by Sean1066 »

Looks spot on there Briskham.
Any ideas on what type of mattress.
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

@chris577612

Thanks mate! Yeah i think some strategically placed slots will do it a world of good.Im going to see if someone has a router i can borrow though so they look nice and uniform.. either that or hit the gym. Had a look through your posts, like your table idea, may have a go myself

Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

@Sean1066

Cheers man! Yeah i found this on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142341896937

which is a decent price. The overall length of my bed is 2.2 metres and is 1.2m wide so it should end up being a nice fit! Looking for something to fix the slats down now to stop it rattling while i drive, i have bought these and was planning on making some hooks to suit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274411120532

Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Made a table out of some offcuts today. Idle hands and all that ImageImage

Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Received my barn door awning this morning from dub door awnings. Honestly cannot recommend her enough. really happy with the quality and she was in contact the whole time. She can do them in most Colours to suit your van. ImageImage

randombeliefs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by randombeliefs »

would love one of these !

you any contact details for "dub door awnings" please ?