My ex BG Caddy Maxi new member

Show off your caddy
Briskham
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My ex BG Caddy Maxi new member

Post by Briskham »

randombeliefs wrote:would love one of these !

you any contact details for "dub door awnings" please ?
She's on Facebook mate :

https://www.facebook.com/dubdoorawnings/

There ya go

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

It's been a while since I posted but I have recently come into some money which has given me a chance to invest in the caddy.

Last week I got these genuine 18" Audi alloys at a steal for 200 quid.

I priced up a bumper from euro and even on trade the bare bumper was 150 quid Image second hand bumpers were even worse

And I took a gamble on a bumper from eBay which I was worrying about to be honest. I went for one of the more expensive options on there and ended up picking one up for 95 quid after I had some money off with a coupon. At the same time I purchased a touran grille for 65 quid which had some good reviews from people buying them..

The bumper arrived and it's a platinum plus bumper- same as euro provide but 60 quid less! The grille seems really good quality too but I guess time will tell. I'm not in the habit of buying cheap car parts, but TPS quoted me over 200 just for the grille and scrap yards were charging similar.

All said and done with the bumper including the radiator grille and lower bumper grille it cost me £180.
I'm having everything colour coded after Easter so may leave the bumper as a living room ornament till then.

Lowering to come later on in the year. Keeping an eye out for any deals on STX coilovers and axle flip kit and a touran front seat conversion and that will be me done for a while Image

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

That awning looks really good, and colour coded as well 😂👍 you’re accruing quite a stash 🤪🤪
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

Re the Touran bumper conversion. Are additional mounts required or is it the grille that provides the support for the middle of the bumper?

Thanks in advance.
Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

Been looking at this myself today as I test fitted it to the van.. all the mounting holes are the same on the top and on the side.. underneath you will need a touran front bumper spoiler.. this fills in the gaps that are left from the standard bumper.

Last edited by Giddy on Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
edrush05
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by edrush05 »

I really love that awning
AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

Thanks for the info.
I got the grille this week and I think the bumper (aftermarket ready primed off ebay) came with a full width "spacer" which I didn't understand what it was for.
We are going to do a trial fit of all the replacement parts this weekend so hopefully it will become clear. None of the parts come with fitting instructions.....not that I generally use them!
Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

edrush05 wrote:I really love that awning
Cheers man, got it from dub doors awnings.. she was great with staying in touch.. I'd recommend her!

Briskham
Caddy Fan

Post by Briskham »

AndyBa wrote:Thanks for the info.
I got the grille this week and I think the bumper (aftermarket ready primed off ebay) came with a full width "spacer" which I didn't understand what it was for.
We are going to do a trial fit of all the replacement parts this weekend so hopefully it will become clear. None of the parts come with fitting instructions.....not that I generally use them!
The bumper removal is really easy.. 4 torx in each wheel arch, 2 on the grille under bonnet and either 6 or 8 underneath the bumper .. I can't remember off the top of my head Image.. comes straight off then.

AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

OKies. So it looks like the grille clips to the bumper. Not sure I want to do that before the bumper gets painted.
No progress this weekend. Other distractions!