Silver Facelift

Show off your caddy
Gareth_wv_05
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Silver Facelift

Post by Gareth_wv_05 »

Hi everyone, my names Gareth, Live just outside of Belfast in Northern Ireland. Have had Caddy's in the past and recently got rid of my MK6 GTI, so decided to get myself another Caddy. This time a 2014 silver Trendline with 70k on it. Image

First off, I love the wee van, it drives really well. When I brought it home I thought that I'd best change the wheels as they where shit, so got a set of 19" Pretoria's for it within a day off owning it.

Image Image

Also on day two of owning it I had sorted the DPF on it and had it mapped, van made 143BHP after mapping, but it still doesn't feel enough.

A few days after that I received my delivery from travlin, fitted a set of MK4 rear lights, a wiper bung and a set of fog lights.
Image Image ImageImage

Last Friday I got myself a set of coils for it to lower it a bit more (Excuse the back, I've not done any work too it yet) Image

Then yesterday got a flat bottom wheel for it (But it might not be on for long)

Absolutely love the van as I say, but unfortunately it just isn't a 2.0 TDI and it doesn't have air conditioning :( So I've listed it for sale, if it sells great, I'll go again and maybe buy a MK4, but if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's a great wee van and I love it anyway.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/2014-vw- ... 1375357022
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Re: Silver Facelift

Post by RY_VW »

I'm no Mike brewer but that should sell in no time, I see higher mileage bog standard startline advertised around that price! Also were the fogs easy to fit?
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Gareth_wv_05
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gareth_wv_05 »

RY_VW wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:15 pm I'm no Mike brewer but that should sell in no time, I see higher mileage bog standard startline advertised around that price! Also were the fogs easy to fit?
Yea I think it's well worth what I'm asking for it, hopefully it doesn't sit long. Really have my head set on a MK4 now ffs.

Yea, well impressed with the fog lights for the money. They weren't too hard to fit, obviously handy enough as I've a ramp etc. Also wiring isn't too hard, hardest bit is probs trying to run all the wires through the firewall.
Gareth_wv_05
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gareth_wv_05 »

After having the van up on gumtree for a few weeks, I've had noting but messers offer me silly money for it (without coming to see it) .... so off it comes and looking for a MK6 GTD breaking. Will strip the car and put a load of it into the van. Also sort the air con issue out down the line too and retrofit it.

Bought a rail cover this week, had my spoiler painted and fitted. Then after deciding I'm not for selling, I fitted my coil overs today when I had time. Looking so much better.

Currently have my eye on a full GTD, so hopefully I can get my hands on that and that be the next big project, breaking it down into the van. Apart from that no other plans for van, will have the back ply lining redone within the next 2/3 weeks I'd think and start to kit that out.
tonyhill
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by tonyhill »

No other plans for it....haha, we've heard that before :lol:
Did you screw or bond the spoiler on? I'm thinking that's next on my list 👍
Gareth_wv_05
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gareth_wv_05 »

tonyhill wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:38 am No other plans for it....haha, we've heard that before :lol:
Did you screw or bond the spoiler on? I'm thinking that's next on my list 👍
Yea you’re right, I’ll no doubt have ideas for it this week.

Bonded it on, I bonded the one on as well on my last caddy and it didn’t go anywhere
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

I cant believe you've not sold it for asking price!! :shock:
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Gareth_wv_05
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gareth_wv_05 »

Neither can I. Had a few people on the phone to me today about it.

Unsure if I’m wise letting it go, but I do need a 2.0 with air con 😂
Gareth_wv_05
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gareth_wv_05 »

Got rid of this van and fell into a MK4 Trendline with a 1.6 TDI engine, soon after I got bored and sold that also. Been looking recently to buy a van that I wanted to stick with. By complete accident I came across this today and went straight to buy it. It's a 2014 Highline, Xenon's, Tailgate, Manual 2.0 TDI, which is in amazing condition and I got it at a great price. I look forward to adding my own touches to it.