Sound deadening

Show off your caddy
Nate76
Caddy2k Groupie

Sound deadening

Post by Nate76 »

Hi advice please
The roof all ready has sound deadening patches factory fitted. Will these do should I go over them with more. It will have close cell foam and carpet to

would you cover all the floor I had a idear of just putting strip on the lower bit of the ribbed floor covering about 50%

Can the ply floor go straight over the sound deadening and closed cell foam or does it need wood strips to lay on.

Cheers
Steo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Sound deadening

Post by Steo »

Hello,

https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/vw-ca ... ofing-kit/

This site will tell you the areas to sound proof whether or not you use their kit or not.

I had 2 mesh panels in my bulk head. I sealed the in with carpet/timber cut out panels. The back of the partition I used memory foam bath mats ! Believe it or not they are brilliant and dead cheap. Stuck them with Tec 7.

Floor - I used original rubber mat, 2 layers of heavy rubber backed carpet.

Wheel arches - Vanstyle boxes

Side Panels, combination of 4mm tar type material and covered with sound foam and most important then a set of low road noise tyres!

Good enough job that didn't cost the earth.

Thanks
Steo
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. If I were you, I’d fit more sound deadening on the roof, just fit over the factory stuff.
In my experience, the silent coat I used fell off the roof in the warm weather we had recently. I’ve heard that dynamat is better, so I’d try that on the roof and the cheaper silent coat or similar everywhere else.
I covered the whole floor in silent coat, then used pro van floor v2 from dodo mat (this was very expensive, in hindsight I’d have bought a thick vinyl sound barrier mat instead)
After that, I just screwed my ply back to the floor using slightly longer screws. Careful they’re not too long though, you may puncture the fuel tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Nate76
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nate76 »

Cheers good info, may need more sound deadening then and will probably lay the ply with rubber I have on top. May try No screws thinking it will stay put when cut round seat I am getting fitted and wheel arches. Was just wondering if it squashing the do stop it's efficiency

Thank
Nate76
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nate76 »

Squashes foam was what I meant. The sound deadening under too
Skully
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Skully »

One of the first things I did with my Caddy was Dynamat. Lots of it.
Roof, sides (including inside the side panels by the rear wheel arches), floor, doors, everything.

It made a massive difference.
1996 Mk3 VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI
2013 RSV4 track bike
2021 Aprilia RS 660 road bike