A Good Caddy

Show off your caddy
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: A Good Caddy

Post by FishermansFriend »

Ok, yes. You do need a certain amount of posts before you can access parts of the forum . Have a read over this page, it has the info about getting access https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31039
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Got the rear TRW GTI calipers, carriers and 286mm EBC discs installed. The process turned out to be a nightmare due to the first mechanic I too it to. I ended up buying a new ABS to replace the one he had supposedly refurbished. Then my brake servo went so had to replaced that, the heatshield off the servo was just lying in the bonnet and one of the bolts was loose and that's what caused it to brake. I'm only after getting my seats and floor mats clean of the brake dust.
Attachments
DSC_1083_01_01.JPG
DSC_1088.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Sat May 01, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You've had a proper nightmare with those brakes, glad you're out the other side of it now.
Caddy is looking great.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi Doc,

Thank you very much. I'm almost there. There was a clip broke on my handbrake cable he didn't tell me about, so just have to replace that now.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Picked up Caddy Life Dash Vents in the cyclone (grey). I wrapped them in the 3M Matrix Black vinyl wrap to see how it would look, the plan was to have them sprayed pure grey but now I'm undecided.
Attachments
DSC_1340.JPG
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

I like the wrap mate, I’d personally leave them wrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

The other piece didn't turn out as good :( . More wrap on the way :D
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Finished off the Caddy Life dash vent trims today, the longer one was a pain, took me 5 attempts. I ended up separating the vents from the face so I could finish the wrap off nicely around the actual vent. Glued it back together with some Tiger Seal and used my old soldering iron to do a bit of plastic welding. The old vents popped out easy with a trim removal tool.
Attachments
DSC_1617.JPG
DSC_1696.JPG
DSC_1668.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Under body Sound Insulation installed, hoping it will keep the engine bay a bit cleaner.
Attachments
DSC_1814.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I've been really busy catching up with my fishing lately but I did have time to do the Wireless Charger mod with the help from the write up in the How To section of the forum.
Attachments
DSC_2795.JPG
kneecap
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by kneecap »

@FishermansFriends. I'm looking at doing the same. Does it still charge with a case on? Also with my case on its slightly too long to sit flat do they have to be in direct contact to charge?? cheers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi Kneecap,

I don't have a case on my phone so I cant answer that one for you 100% but I'm sure the manufacturers would take the case into account. My phone is slightly to long also to sit flat but it still charges.
kneecap
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by kneecap »

That's perfect. I'll give it a go anyway as sick of wires everywhere

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ransomz0
100BHP+

Post by ransomz0 »

I've been reading this thread with interest and intend to use it to make a to do list when mine arrives hopefully in the next week or so.

thanks for the info !
Caddy Maxi C20 Startline 1.6TDI 2015 Mk4 facelift
Ex BG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

The van passed its annual road worthy test last week with no issues, I had an advisory on a new tire so 4 new tires on the way.
I picked up the new style Dynamic Hub Caps to replace the other ones I had, these ones are black gloss finish and suit my rims a bit better. I also finally fitted the 5 speed gear knob badge I had for over a year now, it replaced the 6 speed that the knob came with, some Tiger Seal did the job.
The van is going into the garage tomorrow to have new rear shocks and 60mm Eibach loweing springs installed.
Attachments
DSC_5615.JPG
DSC_5596.JPG
DSC_5650.JPG