A Good Caddy

Show off your caddy
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: A Good Caddy

Post by FishermansFriend »

Had the Golf R MK7 front brakes and ESB front 340mm and rear 272mm discs installed today, just have to paint the rear brakes red now. Everything bolted straight on, I didnt have to change the hoses either, Caddy hoses worked fine.
Attachments
DSC_6839.JPG
DSC_6875.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Lovely looking van mate, some really nice additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi Lister, thanks a lot. I was showing my missus your van the other week, she hates vans but she said your van was something else, and this time she is right :lol:
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Cheers mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Jayofmx
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jayofmx »

Serious looking motor man, top job. Love the mods you have done. Might rattle your head about getting the cert for the CVRT, I have mine this month :?
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi Jayofmx, thank you. Really like what you have done to yours to and real nice pictures. For the CVRT you will need a certified Automotive Engineer to fill out the "Modification Report Template". You can download the "LVC Tester Manual" and the "Modification Report Template" is included in the 154 page document, on page 150 you will find the guidelines. Once you have this completed you hand it in to the test center when you are doing your test. I see you have coilovers installed, did they come with some sort of EU road worthy certificate like a TUV Certificate? I bought coilovers at the start but when I opened the box the paper work said for off road use only, I returned them and got the Eibach Lowing Lit because I knew it came with a TUV Certificate. Without the TUV certificate the engineer said he would not sign off on the lowing kit. Fell free to PM me with any questions.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I finally got my fog lights working, my BCM was not compatible with fog lights so I bought a Can Bus Interface for the NSW. The instructions were in German and they seemed to be for a Passat and for wiring into the BCM from what I could make out. I tried 4 garages and we couldnt figure it out. I was about to give up and wire them in as shown in the How To section of the forum but this Interface cost me 55 Euro, I was holding it in my hand last week one night, sick of looking at it by this stage and I noticed tiny writing on the cables, could barley read it but it was instructions on where each cable had to go :lol:
Attachments
DSC_7029_01.JPG
DSC_6999_01.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I've been doing the usual sound deadening and insulating, Silent coat on the sides and wheel arches and Dodo Hex Mat on the floor. 7mm Dodo Thermo Van Liner on the roof and sides, could only get the 10 meter roll here so I doubled up on the roof insulation.
Attachments
DSC_7089_02.JPG
DSC_7095.JPG
DSC_7099.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

DSC_7070.JPG
I have so much of the 7mm Dodo Thermo liner left over, looking for places to put it now, done under the bonnet and reinstalled the Sound ABS. The doors and cab are next.
Attachments
DSC_7080.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

VW Rubber Mat 2k0863717 V79 and the Van Style Inner Wheel Arch Covers installed now. I also installed a new rear door sill cover 2k0864583M and 4 new cap covers 2K0863905 to replace the old scratched one that was on.
Attachments
DSC_7124.JPG
DSC_7140.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

We are back in lockdown here, lucky I have some things to keep me occupied. I have a 10 meter roll of black and grey VW Golf GTi Tartan Upholstery Fabric with Pre Laminated 3MM Scrim Foam back. Cab liner and the load area ceiling are out and plan is to cover them in the tartan. I got rid of the standard load area ceiling and cut a new one out of 5mm Hardwood Faced Plywood. New VW LED Load Area light ZGB7H0052998 replacing the standard one.
Attachments
DSC_7183_01.JPG
DSC_7186.JPG
DSC_7190.JPG
Walshy1510
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Walshy1510 »

This is a great thread and a nice caddy.

I’ll be using this for ideas for my caddy when I finally find the right one.

Keep up the good work
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Thanks very much Walshy. More pictures coming soon of the rear load area and cabin, I have the ceilings in and rear carpeted now. Still more to come, I have a Caddy Alltrack front spoiler sitting in the back. MK7 R steering wheel with cruise control going in this week hopefully and Audi S6 Side Skirt Stone Chip Guards on route :D

Good luck finding the right Caddy.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I wasn't planning on changing but I found a seller here in Dublin selling MK7 Golf R MFSW's and when he said he would take my old wheel in part exchange I couldn't say no.
Attachments
DSC_7219.JPG
DSC_7220.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I finished the rear today, smoked 4-way scratched carpet on the sides and GTI Dark Grey Tartan on Pre Laminated 3MM Scrim foam on the roof. Really enjoyed doing it but its good to be finished.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG