SWB MK3 1.9TDi Build thread

Show off your caddy
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: SWB MK3 1.9TDi Build thread

Post by C Chis »

Fantastic!

Glad you conquered the fear of cutting the bulkhead

Two of the best mods you can do for cabin comfort in my opinion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 1.9 Remapped BLS : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C : Stealth Xenons

My MTB Caddy Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
neil278
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by neil278 »

Definitely! Really enjoying the PTC heater at the moment and expect I’ll appreciate it even more as the temps continue to drop.

The fear was real :lol:

Thanks again for the help though Colin, really shows how valuable forums like this are and people on it ;)
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Cheers and yeah, it’s what forums are for!

If Carlsberg did forums….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 1.9 Remapped BLS : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C : Stealth Xenons

My MTB Caddy Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Great work, keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
SRAutoSolutions
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SRAutoSolutions »

neil278 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:16 pm ...Really enjoying the PTC heater at the moment...
what did you get the heater from mate? planning on doing this to mine.
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced the quote
neil278
Caddy Fan

Post by neil278 »

The heater box came out of a Skoda octavia and the heater element out of a golf mk5. Very time consuming to remove the positive cable from the rest of the main loom!
neil278
Caddy Fan

Post by neil278 »

The heater box installed has an additional outlet which would usually lead to the glove box. I don’t have a glove box and no interest in fitting one so I ran hose to behind the passenger seat. This only blows the cold air or air con, so a great area to store drinks and food on trips away.

At the same time I also installed the air duct for the central console rear vent. This made installing the air rest a right sod, so I’m hoping I never have to touch it ever again :lol:

Designed my own switch panel that clips into the rear cup holder 8) I decided to undersize the outside dimensions and carpet it to match the rail along the false floor. There is a battery monitor, twin fast charge USB (2.4 amp each), switch for the 12v socket above, switch for the main lights and a switch for some led lights within the false floor area.

I’ve already run all the wiring to behind the drivers seat so all it needs is hooking up. I won’t be installing a battery just yet as I won’t really need it until April time next year but nice to have it all ready and waiting.

With the battery behind the drivers seat and the “cold area” for food and drink behind the passenger seat I needed to blank off the pointless vents to these areas. No idea why they are fitted as they blow on the back of the rear carpet :lol: either way I don’t want hot air in these areas so I stuffed some carpet in between the joints in the footwell and duct taped to outlet’s up to be sure.

And final job was a little blank for the usb on the RCD330. It not used as I rerouted it to inside the armrest, so just smartens it up!