Covid caddy project

Show off your caddy
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Covid caddy project

Post by fishynos72 »

IainH91 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:56 pm The cleaning on this alone is amazing!

Thank you. It's been a long, hard slog cleaning off 290 thousand kilometres of dirt. Spending so much time under cars has given me an appreciation of thoroughly clean cars.

The roadworthy inspector appreciated my efforts too.
I'll have to update this thread tomorrow as it's been awhile.

Cheers again
How many is too many Volkswagens?
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Sorry for the delay in update.

Covid+ Christmas= chaos.

The headlight restoration results= Dismal. Due to previous sanding and coating of the headlights, they're basically bin food.

As you cant see the end product was pointless. I sent the van for a roadworthy inspection anyway.

And they failed the windscreen, right hand rear wheel bearing due to wheel bolt thread damage, and the headlights.

Because I ordered the correct windscreen, I now have radio reception, so it all worked out for the best.

The replacement 2nd hand headlights I sourced really improve the look of the front of the van. while I'd rather have invested that money in a pair of touren xennon headlights. It at least gets the van on the road for now.

So it's all registered and roadgoing as my new daily driver. All this under the Covid lockdown restrictions of Victoria. Very happy with the progress during this difficult time.

The first week saw me hauling bricks around, so it's already better as a daily vehicle than my golf was.

I also made some replacement door cars for the back of the van. (grey clips are on order).

Then I got thinking.

What would my the spare wheels off my golf look like on the van?

EEEKK it definitely needs to be a lot lower, bit that can't happen as this van needs to stay as my practical vehicle. I already own too many low/ difficult cars, and I do not have the budget for a Bag setup.

I'd also need to space the sliding door rail, as it just touches.

There's a few more goodies held up in transit, that should lead to some more exciting changes and hopefully some new videos soon.
Wxcopsey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wxcopsey »

Great build mate really enjoying watching the progression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tezza88
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tezza88 »

build looks great. looking forward to seeing more progress
DarrenOB78
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DarrenOB78 »

Good job mate, surprising how well this come up after sitting about.
Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Sylvester
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sylvester »

Following for more. Pretty much the same Caddy as mine. Thanks for the great info.
jamente
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by jamente »

huge props for caring enough to get this thing looking nice again. Red is a terrible colour to let sit and not take care of, looks great after you've worked on it though!
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

jamente wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:40 pm huge props for caring enough to get this thing looking nice again. Red is a terrible colour to let sit and not take care of, looks great after you've worked on it though!
Thank you. It's definitely in need of a roof re-spray. I'll get there eventually.

I'm in the middle of fitting the MFSW again, having worlds of issues. Replaced the cruise control stalk for a later one, now that works fine with the new wheel. But I still have no power steering and a fault for the steering angle sensor. I'll re calibrate that following the VCDS instructions tonight. Hopefully it works. I've read something online about early 2005 vans needing that extra step.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The step by step guide to calibration of the steering angle sensor (G85) is spot on on the Ross-tech wiki, just follow it exactly as it is laid out for your generation of ABS.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Yeah thanks for that Doc. All sorted now. The caddy was very different from my golf when it came to the same procedure + its been a while since I've had to do it.
Last edited by Doc on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Golf uses mk60 procedure, your caddy will most likely have used the mk70 method.
Ross-tech list both, their guide is very good for it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Doc wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:20 am Golf uses mk60 procedure, your caddy will most likely have used the mk70 method.
Ross-tech list both, their guide is very good for it.

Yeah you're spot on. Both guides are very user friendly.
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Nice progress on this mate them wheels are going to look great on it
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

Van needed for home improvements was my excuse great work & thread, love the wheels bumper & splash guards off deep clean

R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

R22LRM wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:21 pm Van needed for home improvements was my excuse Image great work & thread, love the wheels bumper & splash guards off deep clean Image

Thank you. It was good to have an "easy" and "cheap" vw project again. The cleaning was the cheapest part so far.

Glen G wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:43 am Nice progress on this mate them wheels are going to look great on it

You say that now. I'll post up some seriously donk photos of it rolling stock height on the BBS CHs