Aussie 2020 Pure Grey 1.4 TSI SWB

Show off your caddy
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Aussie 2020 Pure Grey 1.4 TSI SWB

Post by Giddy »

Excuse the ignorance but what difference would the 2 post lift make? They still (so they told me) did the bolts up on the ground with load on the suspension.
Well, you haven't mentioned that before, but obviously they haven't done a good job if it still poking out to one side... It's no difference where you do the job, it's how you tighten everything up. I've mentioned 4 post lift as an easy option, but you can use a pit, heavy duty axle stands, etc.

For polybushing you need:
Leaf spring bushes for both ends, all 4 will likely be in the same package.
Chassis bushes for the shackles

Antiroll bar bushes will make no difference, but if you upgrade antiroll bar, it will make a noticeable difference in body roll. I went for 24mm Whiteline anti roll bar and it transformed how the Caddy feels on a twisty roads, roundabouts, etc.

Yes, you can also use the shackle blocks to further stiffen everything up https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=40266
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

@Cgiorgi
I ordered mine mid February, basically when the world started to go to . I was told around 4 months as well but nobody knew how crazy things were going to get!! It sucks but just means more time to dream up the ridiculous mods list that can't be helped if you look through this forum! did you go for the leatherette seats? was a $200 option for me and well worth it! Although I may still change mine, only as I found a set of golf r buckets local to me for around $500!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1.4 TSI220 SWB Caddy MY20
2.0 162TSI Tiguan Wolfsburg MY19
2008 Yamaha R6
Cervelo S5 Disc DA 9170 (For any bike riders)
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

Thanks very much for the info @Giddy , I'll make some phone calls and see if I can get the black bushes here in Aus or if I need to order from the UK and same for the ARB, so frustrating that there's heaps of stuff available for the caddy but most doesn't get stocked in Australia!

2008 Yamaha R6
Cgiorgi
100BHP+

Post by Cgiorgi »

Yeah optioned it with leatherette, sight and sound package, appearance pack, Adaptive cruise, bi xenon headlights, and the Bendigo wheels haha, kinda wish I left the wheels off and just got some bigger wheels after now. The other thing I wanted was heated seats which are a option in UK but not here in Australia, it seems to be a really hard thing to retrofit, I can’t even find the part numbers for seat elements not to mention getting the correct HVAC panel
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

@Cgiorgi You'll love it mate, tailgate or barn door and what colour did you go for? Where are you in Aus, I'm in Adelaide, would be awesome to have another caddy2k person nearby!!
I asked for a few things that I knew come on UK delivered vans but not ours, like carpet instead of rubber flooring in the front, small mirrors, heated seats... but they said no deal, even though they can make it, its not a choice our region gets so it can't be done. Took them half a day just to find the side rail cover p/n, even though it comes as standard on the people mover version!

Heated seat stuff would have to come from the UK, you could probably get VW to order it but they are generally pretty reluctant with things that aren't standard fit and OEM new parts cost a mint! I ordered front carpets, waited well over 2 months, paid $550 or so and they mucked up the part numbers and got me a set for a left hand drive! So now I'm back to waiting again because the RHD are also on backorder... Yeah, you'll probably want to change the wheels ASAP! Haha. And lower it, if you do, I hope its a easier task than mine has been, seems I've just got the worst luck as everything that could go wrong, has!

2008 Yamaha R6
Cgiorgi
100BHP+

Post by Cgiorgi »

Got barn doors maxi in white, would love the colour you got but it’s going to be used for work so figured most people get the white. I’m in Perth, don’t think I’ve seen any done up Caddy’s here too, definitely need to work out how to do the heated seats, it might be easier to get some Touran bases and get leather GTI or Tiguan seats, might even have electric controls too also planning to install pioneer radio and replace speakers and add the sub, changes the complete feel of the van having good music!
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

Have been a bit slack with the updates, have got plenty done in the last week or so.

Sorted out the suspension by moving the pin on the leaf spring to the middle hole in the Axle flip kit shackle. No more scrubbing and wheels sit central, only took another 6 hours at the garage to get it to where I was happy... :roll:

Got the windows tinted, 18% on the front, 5% on the rear and the banner

Sound deadened the sides and roof. Carpet and roof lining is all pretty much done but just painting the insert panels so will put up the completed photos once they are back in.

TRC lowline kit also arrived finally, was stuck in customs for nearly 3 weeks, not sure when I'll get to fitting that. Considering doing a carbon wrap on the kit, anybody have any thoughts on how that will look?

Also bought some Life mirrors and interior trims from a wrecker, since there is not really much of a Caddy following in Aus the yard had no idea of the value so got the lot for $420 or approx 220 pound!!!!! Thinking I will do the mirror caps in the same carbon wrap and get the bottoms painted gloss black. Still undecided on the trim colour, am wanting to put a few gold accents through the car so was thinking maybe a gloss black with gold metalic flake in the clear, not super noticeable but a point of difference.
2008 Yamaha R6
Craig Cheatham
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Craig Cheatham »

Sweet looking van mate 👍
Now remapped to 145 BHP
Ash1987
100BHP+

Post by Ash1987 »

Your van looking classy mate! Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Aussie 2020 Pure Grey 1.4 TSI SWB

Post by the swan fiend »

That’s looking really good mate. you got a bargain on your bits from the wrecker yard too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

Looking really good

For the mirror caps I'd recommend gloss carbon hydro-dip. It'll give a more OE/ classy look to it as opposed to wrapping them carbon.
How many is too many Volkswagens?
Cgiorgi
100BHP+

Post by Cgiorgi »

HicksyOz, got bad new today, my Caddy order can’t go ahead as they are ceasing production of this model they said because of the options like xenon headlights and leatherette I wouldn’t be able to proceed :( looks like I will have to shop around or wait for new model to come into production
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

@fishynos72 Hydro dip you reckon?? I haven't seen a decent carbon version of it before. A mate has a Wolfsburg Golf and that has the carbon caps so thats where I got the idea from. Might have to do some google searching.

@Cgiorgi Unlucky about the order mate, I have been waiting to hear that call be made though since they surely have or will start making the new one soon. I'm still not sold on the new style but haven't seen one in person yet so will reserve my judgement.
2008 Yamaha R6
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

Finally got around to taking some photos of the rear all put back together. Will need better light to show the suede headlining, but it's not like it hasn't been done before anyway.

Those silver arms hold the handle bar of my bike. Super simple but work perfectly, have seen a few mountain bikers on here but not many roadies.

Took it out for it's first proper drive on the weekend and was perfect, Little bit of scrubbing on big bumps at 100+kmh but that's it, and got around 6.8l to the 100k. Looking like I'll get around 820-850km to the tank, my Subaru XT forester was lucky to get 500!!! :lol:

Next up is fitting the TRC body kit and finishing off the polish and ceramic coat.
2008 Yamaha R6
Cgiorgi
100BHP+

Post by Cgiorgi »

HicksyOz, well done, that van looks epic! Not sure on the new shape coming out next year, i think i might have to get a base model and retrofit some of the extras, I have already ordered R line Golf leather seats so i will need to come up with a solution