Aussie 2020 Pure Grey 1.4 TSI SWB

Show off your caddy
Les Jay Co
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Aussie 2020 Pure Grey 1.4 TSI SWB

Post by Les Jay Co »

Hey Hicksy,

Just started going through your build thread. I am receiving my recently purchased 2020 maxi van in Pure Grey tomorrow. I have a set of Rotiform Las-R’s ready to go on soon as it’s lowered so you’re build is an inspiration cheers.
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by HicksyOz »

Thanks @Doc , just a fella who loves his Caddy and happens to be able to ride a bike fast with one leg!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1.4 TSI220 SWB Caddy MY20
2.0 162TSI Tiguan Wolfsburg MY19
2008 Yamaha R6
Cervelo S5 Disc DA 9170 (For any bike riders)
Les Jay Co
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Les Jay Co »

Hi Hicksy,

I’m in Adelaide and are looking for someone to install a Darkside lowering kit, springs and axel flip. I spoke to Pedders but due to legalities they are not interested. I know you had some problems with your kit installation but could I ask who you used to install it. Do you think they are up to the task? Thanks.
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

@Les Jay Co Hey mate, I had Garage 7 fit my BC Racing kit, honestly couldn't tell you if they would do it again though, mainly because it was a bit of a headache. Being the first one they had done it might be a bit easier a 2nd time, but they are also doing a little less of that type of work now I think. No harm in asking though. I've been meaning to take mine to Action Suspension Engineering in Lonsdale to have a look at a sway bar of some sort to control the rear axle offset so maybe try them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2008 Yamaha R6
Les Jay Co
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Les Jay Co »

Cheers for the advice but due to my location I’ve booked in a local custom car shop to do the job, but as they are good I have to wait a month. Rims are on but needs that 60mm drop bad. Getting shelves installed next week as well as an engine and dsg remap. Hey is your lowline kit from Reflex, did they freight to you? I’m wishing for them to send me a set of rail covers air freight but they won’t do it.
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

@LesJayCo
All my lowering parts came as a kit specifically for the Caddy from BC Racing mate. As for rail covers, there should be no reason your dealer can't get them for you, my van is obviously not a "Life" but I was able to order it from factory with the covers. I used Southern Volkswagen, at first they did struggle to find the P/N for the covers and didn't even know they existed but we got there in the end.
2008 Yamaha R6
Les Jay Co
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Les Jay Co »

I have delivery of a Darkside lowering kit that the shop is going to install. I tried Volkswagen for the rail covers but as my van didn’t come with them they can’t help apparently. I thought about getting a Caddy Life Vin number from somewhere as that is what I need to order through VW. They have some crazy rules, I tried Reflex but they won’t send to Aus at the moment. Currently looking for a wrecker Caddy Life.
AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by AusCad »

Mad Caddy HicksyOz. I have seen it floating around Adelaide. Nice to see another enthusiast locally. Some very tasty mods.
Just swapped out the seats on mine for Audi A1 leather two tone and in the middle of lowering it with the Darkside kit. Broke so many tools doing the front end… bought so many more to complete the job… rear end left to do.

Just about to check out a Mk 4 dash tomorrow.

Did you need to replace your door modules to get the folding mirrors working?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

Hey mate, thanks a lot, haven't done much to it in a while now... I have carpet to replace the rubber flooring in the front but wanted to do some stereo mods at the same time, getting it all to happen timing wise just hasn't lined up though. Wanted to swap seats, found some out of a golf r ages ago but doubt they are still around now... $700 bucks was a good deal though I thought
What did the audi ones cost? And how fiddly were the rails and wiring harness?
My mirrors aren't folding unfortunately, but that said it was a super easy install with them not! All I care is it looks so much better!

Sent from my SM-G991Q using Tapatalk

Last edited by Doc on Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
2008 Yamaha R6
AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AusCad »

Yep, that would have been a really good deal.

The A1 seats bolt straight to the Caddy bases. I haven’t connected in the airbags, so I rushed the existing Caddy wiring. It really is an easy swap. There are a few A1 seat packages around. They are front and rear together. Around the $600 mark and about $240ish for interstate delivery (if that’s where you locate them).

I have most panels out at the moment doing some lighting, insulation S3 roof console retrofit and, of course, stereo upgrade. Should be a busy Christmas break…

AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AusCad »

Hey mate. Just wondering where you sourced the support arms for you roadie?

Looking to do the same sort of thing in my van.
Cheers.

HicksyOz
Caddy Fan

Post by HicksyOz »

@AusCad
Hey mate, they are just from bunnings, $30 bucks or so from memory.
How's the list of jobs going, everything back together yet?
Send me a PM with your number, would be good to check out the build!

Sent from my SM-G991Q using Tapatalk

2008 Yamaha R6
AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AusCad »

Thanks heaps.

I think I need to upgrade my permissions to do the whole PM thing.

Once I have done this, I’ll contact you.

Slowly going back together. Waiting on a delivery of adhesive spray to finish the majority of current plans.

So, fresh rubber, few maintenance items, lowered, stereo (stage two - just need to manufacture mounting blocks for the rear doors), heap of wiring for various components, sound deadening, some insulation and a few other bits and pieces. So much fun!

fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

AusCad wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:31 am
So glad you're doing this- I've been eyeing off a Mk8 golf setup to fit into my caddy for some time
How many is too many Volkswagens?
AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AusCad »

It’s pretty tricky. I’ll need to have a guy at work 3D print a piece for the rear section. Then I can trim the headliner black to tie it in.

There is another roof console like this available in Edwardstown. I have figured out pins for the lights and door switch on this one. I assume the Golf console will be the same.

Let me know if you need any help with this. I’m not sure if your caddy has the map lights and illuminated buttons. If it does, then you won’t need to run extra cabling.