2007 Pov Spec Caddy

Show off your caddy
Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: 2007 Pov Spec Caddy

Post by Gibson9 »

After months of searching this came up at a good price so went and collected today.

Bumpers and a new drivers door (seen in the background here) now need to be booked in to be sprayed
Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gibson9 »

Spent my day off today splitting and painting my 4 pod headlights

Now to get them sealed!

Van booked in for paint this weekend, Touran bumper, drivers door and drivers rear panel.
Darylg21
200BHP+

Post by Darylg21 »

spot on them.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gibson9 »

Van picked up this morning from paint

Touran bumper and replacement door on and painted

Drivers side painted (big scratches or key marks removed)

Wing mirrors and door handles colour coded

Drivers door handle is slightly sticking, still works but it almost feels like the spring to pull it back in is failing. Has anyone ever experienced this?
CADDY Lux
Caddy Fan

Post by CADDY Lux »

Great van! I like what you’ve done to your headlights! I’m doing the same amongst other things. Any tips for splitting the lens away? I tried the oven trick but mine at held together With PU so are a bugger to get apart. You fitting projectors? I dropped my van 60mm using the kit from Darkside and would highly recommend the kit, but make sure you ask them for the longer brackets.

Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gibson9 »

Hi man,

Thanks for the feedback, getting there slowly but surely for a daily.

The lights just took some time and persistence, i used a hair dryer and a couple of screwdrivers, not perfect but it worked. I still need to clear the remaining silicone and reseal them, no projectors just standard bulbs.

Your van looks good, I’m torn between the darkside flip kit and the 60mm springs from their website, or the cheap Stance+ kit, really not sure which I will go for but that is the next big purchase!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

It’s looking good mate looks really clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
themtbphysio
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by themtbphysio »

Cracker build Gibson9 - hopefully be following suit with the seats/wiper delete as my kick start to the rabbit hole that is modifying! Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Quick query - what was the roof rack blank kit you used?
CADDY Lux
Caddy Fan

2007 Pov Spec Caddy

Post by CADDY Lux »

Gibson9 wrote:Hi man,

Thanks for the feedback, getting there slowly but surely for a daily.

The lights just took some time and persistence, i used a hair dryer and a couple of screwdrivers, not perfect but it worked. I still need to clear the remaining silicone and reseal them, no projectors just standard bulbs.

Your van looks good, I’m torn between the darkside flip kit and the 60mm springs from their website, or the cheap Stance+ kit, really not sure which I will go for but that is the next big purchase!
I had hoped you’d found some secret to pulling them apart. Mine where held with PU and where a bugger to get apart. Done it before with Luther lights. It’s not a nice experience. eBay, projector retrofit. £25 for two special retrofit bolt in projectors. Easy peasy.

Thats my van with the Darkside short shackles. Looked sweet but would bottom out on any ground that wasn’t level. They swapped them for their longer shackles and I’ve raised the rear. Basically my van doesn’t look lowered although it is and drives like it’s not been lowered. I’m very happy with it as drive it as my daily. If you want it slammed then go coil overs as the -60mm springs, well they come out like mine so still a 30-40mm gap on the front. I’d like mine lower but I’m not sacrificing ride and if the back is lower it rides shit. Mine got new shocks all round but stock ones. Also I actually have the H&R -60 springs. Not sure if it makes a different over the eibachs.

This is it with the long shackles.... could be lower but I’m happy with it and it’s comfortable to drive.

Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gibson9 »

themtbphysio wrote: ...Quick query - what was the roof rack blank kit you used?
It was just online, searched caddy roof rack blank or something like that and cost around a tenner! Unfortunately for me the previous owner had drilled 2 holes at the back so for now i have just put a nut and bolt with a washer and some silicone to seal it up, not perfect but it will do the job for me!
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed irrelevant text from the quote
Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gibson9 »

@CADDY Lux
No secret unfortunately!

Thanks for that i may look into it tonight before I seal them up again!

I had springs in my last car so i have some experience with them, i know what you mean its personal preference I guess, I’ll have to wait and see what I decide to go with, hopefully get round to purchasing something soon!
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of entire post with picture
CADDY Lux
Caddy Fan

Post by CADDY Lux »

Something like this. Buy two sets and go for quads. I’m going to drill the projector to take a LED bulb. Bonza!
CADDY Lux
Caddy Fan

Post by CADDY Lux »

themtbphysio wrote:what was the roof rack blank kit you used?
PM me mate and you can have the bungs I’m about to take out of my van.
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited the quote to the minimum
scratcher
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by scratcher »

Very nice 8) Caddys look great in silver. The wheels really suit it too, race van style.

Pov spec? You've got electric windows... Basically a Rolls Royce! :lol:
Gibson9
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gibson9 »

Thanks, getting there slowly but surely, hopefully get the wheels on once suspension is sorted!

Well that is true about the windows, maybe i should have named it grey bumper/builder spec or something more appropriate!