08 Maxi refurb

Show off your caddy
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

08 Maxi refurb

Post by dawks »

After 2 years and many issues the old girl is back and ready for collection for a recon motor and gearboxImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by dawks on Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie

08 Maxi refurb

Post by dawks »

And just when i thought I'd be back in the game BAD news !!!! the transport co could not get the van loaded as the gearbox was stuck in Park and no amount of convincing would get the GB to go into N so the front wheels were solid No yellow button under the leaver or override, I can only issue that it was a case of either bent selector or incorrect put back in!!
either way i need to go to Camberly to investigate and get the GB to release to get the van back onto rolling status

Has anyone got any bright ideas

(gearbox code KND engine code BLS
Last edited by dawks on Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie

08 Maxi refurb

Post by dawks »

Hi guys
After nearly 2 years (thanks to covid-19 and a bad Techie) I need to, not only replace the gearbox but it looks like the wiring loom as well
does anybody has any template for carpeting the back out and replacing the floor?
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 08 Maxi refurb

Post by dawks »

Well it’s back and it looks more like a barn find than a caddy that went in for a gearbox repair Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: remove & replace a maxi Auto gearbox

Post by dawks »

suggestion please!!

I'm looking to replace the gearbox on my Maxi does anybody have a realistic
idea of how long this will take and an average idea of labour cost in KENT near Tonbridge
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

For a mechanic who's familiar with removing and installing the gearboxes on this generation of van, I expect to swap like for like will take no longer than 5 hours start to finish.
If the replacement needs oil or you're changing the flywheel and clutch while in there, expect a full days labour.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dawks »

Thank doc

so would you say about £560 vat and parts at an average of say £70 per hour rates
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

£70x5=£350
What is it you're having done?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dawks
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dawks »

The last GB was slamming in 1st & 2nd someone on this site suggested that I have the mechatronic checked out (which I did ECU came back and said that the unit was fine) the box was replace by what an only describe as a poor technician box came back with no reverse at all, and the motor is we'll over 250K + in milage
I have a GB lined up from a breakers yard so its a given that the oil filter and oil will be replace so its over the 7hour mark (quoted by the local) & as I mite just replace the motor as well

Would appreciate your comments & advice in this regard
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If the motor is running ok and not using oil or making strange noises, I'd stick with it.
You've got a DQ200 (7 speed auto) gearbox?
They are a bit on the soft side and have a common pressure accumulator failure.