Cam96 Caddy Detailing & Valeting Build

Show off your caddy
Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Cam96 »

Hi all,

Glad to finally be apart of the Caddy Crew! Here’s my new toy and project that will be setup as a Detailing & Valeting build. Had a quick clean yesterday with a Iron Fallout decontamination. Got a few things in the pipeline planned for it! Came with a complete Touran dashboard, centre console and door cards as well as a spare set of 15” steels. I’ll be keeping the door cards as I want and need electric windows, can’t be dealing with keep fit windows Image So once I’ve got enough posts to access the How To section I’ll be doing that modification. Here she is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Lister79 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Reference to selling items removed, sale add would need created in accordance to forum rules.
Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Cam96 Caddy Detailing & Valeting Build

Post by Cam96 »

First modification under my ownership complete, Easy and simple one to start off with...

Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

Second modification done, a small but useful one with the old yellow dim bulbs being replaced by bright white LED ones.

Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

Also today I’ve installed the third modification with the wind deflectors adding a little character to the outside of the van.

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

It’s coming along nicely

Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

Thanks brooneye! Still a lot to do but she’ll get there eventually, with a bit of time, effort and money that is.

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

An afternoon’s work today getting the shelving and the water tank in and secured, needs to be carpeted next to hide the wood and provide for grip but overall very happy with the setup and keeps the side door part empty apart from the pressure washer and hoover! Got hardwood boards to create a wall between the two, one is in but the next one is awaiting the correct measurements from the curve of the van. Any of you guys or girls have any ideas of how to achieve this?

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I just use cardboard from a big box and make a template.

I must admit all this time I've been thinking your doing a detailing and valet build as in thats the reason your doing it, to show how to detail and valet LOL now I understand your a valet and detailer lol.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

@Scoobysrt
I did try that but couldn’t get it to my OCD standards, will give it a go tomorrow again and see how I get on! Haha yeah I could sorta incorporate that into it too as I will be trying to get it to the best condition for what I’ve got without repainting it etc. But yeah been up and running for a year now and getting busier and busier so it was time to invest in a van

Last edited by Giddy on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

You used to be able to buy a bendy ruler that was a length of rubber with a length of lead in it I guess, you could bend it to any shape, I've got one somewhere. Good for using instead of making a template but not as easy.

I will say that after doing my false floor perfect I had to take it out again and cut 1/8th of an inch off all the way round because it squeeked against the body work.
My other caddy had sealant around to to the gap so I'm going to do the same again, I've got some brown so it will blend in with the wood although even that is a bit much as the carpet will hide it lol.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

I’ll have a little Google and see what I can find, thanks for the help lad! It’s the little things ain’t it, sounds the extremes that I go to as well haha! It’s all about the details that make the guide though

Last edited by Doc on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Alex mc »

@ Cam96 is the bit of the van you aim to partition off going full height and width of the van ? Do you want it to fit in one piece ?

You would need to two bits of 6mm or thin hardboard the height of inside of the van (-5mm) and both cut at least 300mm wider than the centre width of the van.

Overlap the two boards inside the van .Then slide the two half boards out wards until they touch either side (start or curve ) inside of the van then screw the two overlapping boards together top and bottom keeping it all lining up. Then begin scribing the edge of the boards where they touch the start of the curve inside the van measure the width and then set scribing block to that width i use an old compass and do it in stages so if it was 100 mm id do so two passes at 50mm ( one for drawing circles ) repeat the process until you have desired gaps around to prevent squeaking. Transfer onto full board then fit in one piece or use it to template what you want to use.

Hope this helps you out and makes sense.

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

First one I came across just to show what I mean, https://www.jacksonsart.com/jas-flexibl ... uler-900mm
Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

@Alex mc and @Scoobysrt

You’re both legends thanks for your help, going to give that a go when I next have a couple of hours, making the backboard for the height and width of van using 3mm white backed hardboard to to create a separation between the valet and detailing kit and then the side for section for general bits and bobs and the dog!

Cam96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cam96 »

Another small update, got the hooks up for all my brushes on the back door, making it quick and easy to get to them all!