2018 Caddy Maxi 1.4 TGi CNG build

Show off your caddy
staelens
Caddy2k Groupie

2018 Caddy Maxi 1.4 TGi CNG build

Post by staelens »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a white caddy maxi van, 2018 1.4 TGi. It was completely stock, i didnt take pictures of the stock van since i instantly started with some of the mods. I am a professional musician so I use my van for that but Im also a pretty fanatic carp angler so the idea is to keep it as a van but being able to have some sort of nice quick campervan with just a bed and decent lightning.
What I have done so far (nothing fancy):

- installed new speakers and tweeters
- retrofitted my pioneer head unit that i pulled out of my previous car
- installed DAB antenna on the window
- installed backup camera
- sound deadened loading area
- carpeted loading area (and failed a bit but in the end pretty happy with the results...)
- installed roof racks and roofbox (incredibly ugly but it comes in so damn handy to dump all my wet fishing stuff in to avoid the loading area getting smelly)
- replaced light bulbs with leds
- bumper protection

What I want to do still;

- a single bed that i can expand to a double bed
- maybe rims and coilovers
- paintjob for the front and rear bumper
- nicer lightning in the loading area
- underseat sub
- automatic headlights (not sure if possible)
- side and frontbars
- get a towbar installed
- get some kind of ventilation in the loading area

The law is pretty anoying here in Belgium, i cant just remove the bulkhead to gain more space in the back and still register the car as a professional van on my business, so I dont really know where to go with the ventilation stuff. Maybe a roof ventilator but if i can avoid cutting in the outside of the car that would be nice. Its my absolute first build of this kind and I rely totally on the internet (im an absolute noob on mechanics/electricity) so all tips and help are welcome, I hope to learn a lot here on the forum. Pictures up soon!