The work/bike/camp build

Show off your caddy
themtbphysio
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

The work/bike/camp build

Post by themtbphysio »

After long enough thinking/planning/dreaming I pulled the trigger on my first Caddy. What follows is my efforts, injuries and errors in turning it into a comfortable daily for work, and a weekend warrior for biking and camping. Day 1 of ownership 10/4/21 = strip out and clean the rear. Pretty chuffed to find a spotless floor, arches and side panels. Also some slate for the garden and a few coat hooks.ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited by themtbphysio on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fazerfreak
Caddy Fan

Re: The work/bike/camp build

Post by fazerfreak »

hmm.. i like fresh builds :)
Best Regards
Tommy

My Caddy
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Beaker2135 »

Sounds interesting I’m looking forward to following this
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
themtbphysio
Caddy Fan

Post by themtbphysio »

So this is the first of the many, mannyyyy things I've planned for the van.

Thankfully got a very clean base so ply lining stripped out on first weekend of ownership but had to hold off until pay day to pull the trigger on some sound deadening (Dodo mat) and a thermal layer (also Did mat, Thermo Van Liner Pro). Went on a treat but is brutally sticky so I've half a layer of skin behind some of those panels....

Day one was 30/4/21 - lined the floor with the Thermo Liner and started on the walls with the deadening. Cut new 12mm OSB to replace the ply floor (this is a maybe as to whether it'll stay as not giving the finish I hoped for).

Day 2 1/5/21. More sound deadening on the wheel arches and roof then a further wrap of the Thermo Van liner on. The arches.

Day 3 2/5/21 a final wrap of the Thermo Liner in the walls and in cavities I could get too without loosing more skin/blood and copious profanities. Food pic unnecessary but I inhaled that after the efforts.

Rerouted my aftermarket reversing sensor alarm along the loom on drivers side so it now hides under the drivers seat as opposed to where it was fitted on the bulkhead.

I have a Blok Pod for mounting the bike. Will get that fitted up next. Stayed tuned.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

themtbphysio
Caddy Fan

Post by themtbphysio »

Not much exciting to report over last week or 2 other than removing the bulkhead and shelf. Carpeting kicks off next week and have a few last bits of sound deadening to add then its kitting out bed/storage.

To do -

Remove rear window film and tint instead
Rear wiper black
Debadge rear doors (Caddy and Startline)
Matt black rear and front VW badges
Engine cover
Bonnet liner
Lower
Alloys
Slide rail cover
New seats - hankering after GTD Plaids after seeing them in mates Mk7 Golf; have the Touran bases ready to go

Who knows what order this will happen in because the more I look the less patient I get; likewise the more things I find I want to do