Caddy cult build

Show off your caddy
Cultus
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy cult build

Post by Cultus »

Just thought I'd do a build thread on my asz conversion and other mods I have got going on.

I have a 2008 1.9 BLS engined caddy that I have just completed an asz 130pd engine from a mk 4 golf and fitted the 6 speed from it too while I was there with mk 5 golf 6 speed shafts.
Added an S3 intercooler 2.5" custom intercooler piping carbon nitride clutch and a GTB 2260vk turbo and 3" DIY exhaust system turbo back
Egr asv and dpf delete.

Just finished putting the MK4 engine cover on
I'm ultrasonically cleaning my asz injectors and adding about 50mm onto the exhaust section after the Rez as it's abit short and leaks abit ! ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy cult build

Post by Guy94 »

Good job buddy. Bet that pulls really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Hi,

Thanks ,
Actually it's not been mapped yet , I've swapped the bls injectors in for the moment so it runs well considering, but as the egr and asv are electrically connected but have been bypassed,
so they throw up errors and it goes into limp In 3rd gear up under any boost , just waiting untill the guy I'm getting to map it is available.

I spent the evening cleaning the asz pd130 injectors in the ultra sonic tank in injector cleaner at about 65c for 100mins
The bores look nice and clean now!

You can actually see the wear on the injector body from it rocking as it's been pressed down by the cam.
Eventually it makes the seals leak and your done, and this can happen on the head or the injector body! Check used injectors carefully!
These are from a 70k mile engine.
I also changed the seals while I was there.ImageImageImageImageImage

sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Nice project mate👍 how much power should have after the remap? I like also the look of the van, looks very clean.
Current built thread: 2013 SWB Caddy 2.0TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48634
My previous built: 2007 SWB Caddy 1.9TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39945
Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Thanks Image
I'm thinking the standard pd130 injectors should flow enough fuel for 230bhp so we will aim for that and see how it goes when it actually comes to it when getting it mapped.
I plan to get 100% injectors down the line and the race camshaft, and remap over the 300.

So I was looking at the van today sorting out a few issues , I decided to ultrasonic clean a spare mad sensor I had , then swap it in , as I kept getting maf error codes ,
Turned out I had the mad in 180 degrees out, and yea it is possible to do that !

Looks way cleaner now though

Good news is it's now running and driving great , boosting fine pulling well feels better then the standard BLS engine with a 140bhp map on it ,
Now it's the asz with the bls injectors the 140map and a resistor in series with the fuel temp sensor, (vag com says fuel temp is 126c now !

ImageImage

Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Awesome work man would love to do this to mine
Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Vans going great and is running great today just waiting now for the Remap to get access to some more power baby !

Some pics from the conversion,
1, std Vs 76mm exhaust
2, carbon nitride clutch , so far so good! Not too heavy
3, GTB2260vk
4smf
5 S3 Vs STD intercooler
6 DIY Vs standard exhaust
7 empty bay
8 S3 intercooler
9 asz engine ready to go with 6 speed O2m box
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

If anyone needs help and has any questions about the conversion just pm me and I can go though it with them.Image

Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

One week of work down after doing the conversion, I was expecting some things to give bother and fix them ,

Turns out the things that need attention are the drivers side drive shaft touching the outlet off the turbo silicon hose

The map sensor I temporarily installed exploded off the boost pipe with force on the motorway, nothing that side of the road super glue couldnt fix!

And I have a relatively small oil leak from the nearly impossible to seal rocker cover seal! ImageImageImageImage

Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Ah driveshaft interference.... Tryed highering the van. No luck , tryed to get the boost pipe as far away as possible but cat seem to keep it apart .
My next plan is to raise the engine 20mm with a spacer kit hopefully changing the angle between the engine and drive shafts angle connection to the hub, should Lower the shaft to the engine and stop interference, I hope! Image

Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Just realised I can clock the turbo and bypass the drive shaft just have to rework the pipe work

Vanny
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Vanny »

Little monster! 😜
Loving the edition30 wheels 👍
Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

I did not know they where called that ..... I am now ever so slightly smarter , thank you.

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bassvanman »

Awesome build I’m doin the same keeping the bls ecu and sensors I have the engine fully build gonna be using standard asz parts as I’m not looking for big power just want a reliable engine I may have to message you in the coming few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Sounds good, the asz/ARL is certainly a better block, and if your willing to fork out for an upgraded turbo and remap you can see 220bhp with little Hassel. May be worth considering as you will have the engine out and it's easy to do it then!