New to Caddy life... Ex BG maxi build

Show off your caddy
Pman1984
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: New to Caddy life... Ex BG maxi build

Post by Pman1984 »

It's a sunny day here in NI so more stripping and cleaning to do...ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

So made a random call this morning and turned out to be worth an hour's drive. Full B pillar plastics and sliding door sill plastics out of a maxi life. Also grabbed the seatbelts as my touran ones have a different floor bracket. Carpets were wet and didn't have time but might head back for the rest lol.Image

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

So this evening I set about fitting the new trims.. makes such a difference compared to the ones I've seen with the bulkhead trimmed back. I'll have to take the bottom bits off again to fit the seats and carpets but like a big kid had to see what it looked like... ImageImageImage

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

This evening I had a helper... All holes marked and drilled through. Edges cleaned up and a coat of weld through primer applied... plate is in with some automotive adhesive and rivets used then edges will be welded up... Image

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Went back for the caddy mid section carpet during the week as I wanted a proper fit. The rear section had been cut to make way for a ramp (was a wheelchair conversion van) so didn't take it. After some sweat and many curse words got the seatbelts in factory location and all buttoned up. Glad to get this done before the colder weather rolls in.

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Went out to a caddy on its arse in one side this morning... Guessing dozed leaf spring so 2 ordered.... Oh and bought the wife a maxi life as our kiddie wagon...Image

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Beached going into my parents driveway on Sunday evening... Which I thought strange as I'd been in the day before and van was empty as usual...

Turned out when I thought the driver's side was sitting lower and put it down to our driveway I was wrong, it was 5mm lower on Saturday but 20mm lower on Sunday...

Limped it about on Monday to get wife's all sorted and just said f**k it new leafs...

Fitted the other night and now not only level but also less arch gap as there not the BG spec ones.

Only problem is now I can't go in my parents yard at all ImageImage and have to go slow out my own!ImageImage

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Bought the wife one of the Joying android headunits... Fitted to mine for testing just to make sure it functions lol.

First thing was to change the launcher to somthing more car friendly.

Also got it to run Netflix for the kids as there will be a roof screen going into hers.

I'm more interested in the optical out as our Audison systems take optical in so will cut down on cabling and in theory be a better source for them to process, just need to get the vans sound deadened and then start fitting the equipment!ImageImage

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Started to sound deaden the tin can... Previous owner had the foil bubble wrap stuff everywhere stuck with spray glue... I've spent most of the day removing that glue to put down proper stuff.... I have no finger prints left ImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

It'll be worth it when it's done properly dude, plus if you ever turn to a life of crime you're already equipped to leave no clues!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Took the chance tonight to get this floor covered as I need the van in some sort of shape to get to work tomorrow.. been years since I did this much but not near done yet lol. Wife's hair dryer in action to warm the metal and pads up a bit... Image

Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

I have a new hate... Spray glue! This time holding insulation to the inside of sliding doors. As if taking the glue off before wasnt bad enough this was a disaster... What should have took 30 ended up hours. Oh also oil and filter change too as got a remap last week and just to be safe and added the life inner doors rather than the old wood inserts.

ImageImageImage
Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

It's been a bit slow over the last few weeks basically as there are 2 Caddys in the drive and I apply the happy wife happy life approach so hers getting more attention for now Image she can't have a go when I get into the thick of mine then...

Hers got an audio upgrade, my stuff still in the boxes.. cnc'd some acrylic brackets for the AP2's and some MRMdf rings for the AP6.5P's (painted black but no finished pics) no processor in yet but the Joying headunit isn't the worst thing I've used...

I picked up a set of MK4 rear lights yesterday from a breaker literally down the road from me for a change, van was badly damaged at the rear but not a scratch on the lights, thought £80 was good with all the trims etc. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tecwyn
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Tecwyn »

Some good photos to go off I’m in the same boat got a touran in my yard for breaking so I can hopefully get everything swapped over over Christmas
Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Been quite a while since I posted anything new...so my van had an it'll do for now stereo upgrade, MK4 rear lights and a set of twin optic headlights fitted. Also just robbed the roof bars off my wife's Maxi life today... We need to but a roof box on hers for holiday so she has my ultibars now ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage